• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Forest Grovyle's Latest Works (NEW: 17/10/07 Oekaki Realism Tutorial!)

Forest Grovyle

Resident Reptilian Artist
    Years
    Thank you guys!! *hugs*
    Hehe, don't worry, I haven't stopped drawing :D I just don't have as much time for it at the moment as it's coming toward the end of my uni semester ^^
    Japanese Wolf: Yeah, it's one of the new Pokémon ^^
    Ratiasu-kun: I took those words out since they didn't apply anymore, since I became a super mod and I am no longer paired with The Hunk :)

--FG

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2017
    Wow, you're incredibly talented! I especially enjoy your sugimori-style work. It's so close to the real thing it's astonishing! Keep up the good work :D

Years
    Man FG, your still as awesome as I remember ^_^ Your realism has only improved and yet again great job with your Pokemon art ^_^ Look forward to seeing more, missed out alot due to my not being here, but nice to see your still going with this thread ^_^

*Huggles*

xxx

Charon

unscrupulous~
    Years
    HA HA. I know it was a bit far back, but those Life on Mars comics were AWESOME.
    I'm looking forward to the spin-off series (:

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    FG, for the past two months that I haven't been here, believe me, I've been watching this thread closely! XD

And honestly, all I have to say is that ZOMG UR WURK IS TEH ZOMGAMAZENG!!! DDDD8

*fanboy fall*

Seriously Chandler's face looks incredibly real, and his clothes just look like they've been taken a photo of! Seriously, you've done a brilliant job. <3

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    H'oh boy! 5 hours, eh? And i thought my work was time consuming! Then again, were comparing like ... like, a super-photorealistic, exhaustively meticulous masterpiece to simple cartoon drawings. o.0

*NotWorthy*

Oh yeah, so you did all that on the comp, right? Man, as usual, Im in awe ... I gotta learn how to draw folds in fabric. Right now all my clothing looks like spandex! Got any tips?

Forest Grovyle

Resident Reptilian Artist
    Years
    Wow thanks! :D On clothes...what I do is just study the patterns and work with them. I don't see the object as a whole but as a series of shapes and colours.

Don't know if I posted this here before, but with the release of the Dialga vs Palkia theme I thought I'd show you the full versions of the original pics I drew for it! :)

--FG

Memory

let's waste time ✖
    Years
    Wow thanks! :D On clothes...what I do is just study the patterns and work with them. I don't see the object as a whole but as a series of shapes and colours.

Don't know if I posted this here before, but with the release of the Dialga vs Palkia theme I thought I'd show you the full versions of the original pics I drew for it! :)

--FG
    Wow <3! That drawing is nifty-spiffy. Your lines are so clean <33 *bows* I am not worthy.

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    lol ,theyre adorable! It always looked like Dialga and Palkia were smiling in their official Sugimori artwork as well! ^_^

I like the cartoony style of this one, although it seems to me like Palkia' neck is bent forward a little too much. Who knows, maybe thats how it articulates! ^_^ Other than that, the anatomy looks spot-on, and your soft color selection is very nice!

It woulda been funny if Darkrai was in there! xP Ya know, to go with the 10th movie?

EDIT: Just looked at the theme itself! Wow, the colors are really nice here! I may actually use this one! Ive been using your Latios/Latias one since, like, forever now!

Back