• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Forest Grovyle's Latest Works (NEW: 17/10/07 Oekaki Realism Tutorial!)

Forest Grovyle

Resident Reptilian Artist
    Years
    Welcome to...
    Forest Grovyle's Latest Works!

PLEASE NOTE:

I do not take requests, sorry :( I don't have enough time. Thanks for your understanding.

Do not use my images to make signatures or other graphics. They are not for public use outside of the PC avatar gallery, or where I have given permission.

Hey all! :) FG here! You've stumbled across my art thread! ;) This is the thread in which I post all my latest art - if you check through the thread you'll see some older works first!

I always appreciate any comments you might have on my art :D I love reading and receiving them! I also occasionally take suggestions as to what picture to draw next, so stay tuned in case I am! :) I mainly draw Pokémon, but also dabble in other fandoms such as Red Dwarf and The Last Unicorn - you'll find all sorts in here!

I use Photoshop Elements and Oekaki PaintBBS for most of my computer-drawn works, which are the majority of them. There are a few hand-drawn pics in here somewhere, though! ;) For those I usually use a good ole' 2B pencil. The pictures can take anywhere from half an hour to a few days to complete, depending on the subject matter!

I'm also fond of drawing realism, and am trying my hand at drawing humans recently...I want to be able to draw them realistically! :) Now if only I could manage to master anatomy! >_<

Here are some of my fave pictures in the thread! :D

Realism

Oekaki - Peregrine Falcon (which somehow managed to get a DD! XD)
    Click here!

Oekaki - Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
    Click here!

Oekaki - Dangerous Dan McGrew (from Red Dwarf)
    Click here!

Oekaki - Hope Springs Eternal (The Shawshank Redemption)
    Click here!

Oekaki - Take A Look At The Lawman (Life On Mars)
    Click here!

Oekaki - Here's Lookin' At You, Too! (Blue and Yellow Macaw)
    Click here!

Oekaki - Chandler Bing (from Friends)
    Click here!

Oekaki - Poker Night (Friends Cast - which ALSO managed to get a DD! XD)
    Click here!

Oekaki Realism Tutorial
    Click here!

Crossovers

Pokémon: Red Dwarf Version!
    Click here!

Sugimori-style Pokémon and characters

Pinsir
    Tauros
    Chatot
    Pidgeot
    Wigglytuff
    Golduck
    Sandslash
    Arcanine
    Houndoom
    Persian
    Nidoking
    Gyarados
    Buizel
    The Pokémon Starter Evolutions, Kanto-Hoenn
    Granbull
    Female Pokémon Ranger
    Male Pokémon Ranger

General Pokémon

Legends of the Pokémon World (one of my faves)
    Legends of Sinnoh
    Battle of the Dragons - Charizard vs Salamence

Here are the first and original pictures in this thread, that were made a fair while ago! :) Please keep checking the rest of the thread for more! ^_^

Legends Series: Rayquaza
    Click here!

Legends Series: Deoxys
    Click here!

Huntail and Gorebyss
    Click here!

Hope you like! :)

--FG

Last edited:

~*Silent Tattsu*~

Has gone~
    Years
    *Jaw drops all the way to the ground* OMG...... you never cease to stop amazing me with your Artwork FG ! ^__^ *Runs away with it all in jelousy* XD Your talent to seem to be able to draw every single Pokemon is just amazing. I love your Artwork ! My favourite out of those is Huntail & Gorebyss , love the water effect and shading.
    Your have stunning talent gurl ! ^^ *Stares at FG's Artwork for a year or two*

Kairyu

speedy digital tablet artist
    Years
    Wow, there you go with that fantastic artwork again XD. Incredible work Forest Grovyle, and what amazes me still is that you use a mouse to draw them >_0.

*cough*
    But I do have a small request, if you so choose to accept it. Could you draw me a dragonite avatar (about 115x100 pixels) with a headband? I'd draw one myself but I'm too busy with requests and well.. I like your style!
    *end cough*

Pokedragonfire

ph34r |\/|y 1337 n1nj4 5k1||z
    Years
    "Stop using me as a pen!" said the furry white mouse Forest Grovyle uses to draw with. "I hate it when you dip my tail in ink and sqiush me when you draw a thick line. Stick to a regular pencil dude"
    Anyway, as I was rudely interupted by your mouse Forest Grovyle, you might want to teach it some manners (Just kidding). My favorite of the pics is Rayquaza. By the way, what kind of mouse do you use? I use a white mouse made by microsoft. It squeaks every now and then but doesn't have too bad manners. But it is very lazy (HAH HA!)

Plasma

Jolteon Expert
    Years
    Wow... Da Vinci would be proud. :\
    That is, if he were alive! ^^ Nice job anyway.

Years
    I simply adore your work. I love the way you don't use an outline and you get straight to the colors. That's always a very impressive addition about images. I also love how smoothly and correctly you shade; very impressive. I personally like the Rayquaza and the Huntail and Gorebyss images. The Rayquaza has such nice shading and the Huntail and Gorebyss image has that wonderful water effect. :3

Awesome work.

MoonLight

The Stars are Pretty
    Years
    Theses pics are just so amazing really yeah without using an out line it like pops out the pic And you do it so well ~ Love your Style! :)
    Keep Up the Great Work FG as always ~

The King of Water Pokemon

Admiring my Avatar
    Years
    Hey partner. I haven't seen you in a while. All I have to say is wowness. Incredible artwork, perfect... well, everything!

Oh yeah, I need to talk about something with you. If you an AIM account, can you tell me it.

~TKoWP

Forest Grovyle

Resident Reptilian Artist
    Years
    Thanks so much everyone! :D *huge hugs*

Hey partner! Unfortunately I haven't been around much because I have exams coming up soon, so it's limiting my net time. :( But I still come here to post my art. :) I don't really use my AIM account much :( Could you PM me? :)

Flaming Torchic

HalOWNED!
    Years
    =O Cloudy, it has been a while since I have seen your art, or you! =\ Anyways, I really like the Rayquaza, it looks really awesome and it's face and tail are very well done, I also like the Huntail and the Gorebyss, they look so cool! The Deoxys is magnificent as well, I just think that the other two are better. =X As usual, keep up the awesome work! :classic:

Pokedragonfire

ph34r |\/|y 1337 n1nj4 5k1||z
    Years
    Kewl pics <'><

Forest Grovyle said:
    Thanks so much, everyone! :D Pokedragonfire, that made me giggle - I use a white Microsoft mouse, too! :) It's just a regular mouse. ^_^
    I'm glad I made you laugh, I was laughing as I wrote it. I like to draw too. Here I made a picture of a Blaziken. It is half done and is in marker. Sorry that I posted my pictures on your art thread, Forest Grovyle. Yours pics are cool. I need to practice my computer art skills. <'><

Back