• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Forgotten Pokemon?

Years
    You know what I mean. Those few Pokemon, that are always forgotten by most people... For example: Lumineon... Until a few days ago, I'd forgotten that it even existed!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Moving to Pokemon General because it deals with the Pokemon, not the games. Take a look at the rules so you can get an idea of what belongs in PGC.

GliscorFan08

Champion Of Kanto
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 26, 2019
    Baltoy and Claydol, and those who aren't normally seen in the metagame/anime.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
    I always forget about Octillery :t224: nowadays, which is strange because it used to be one of my favorites back in the day.
    And, regarding Finneon/Lumineon, It's not that I forget them, it's just I kind of like to pretend they don't exist because they are literally my least favorite Pokémon. Talk about a really forgettable design, I mean, it just looks like they picked two random aquarium fish and used it for those two without changing it.

Last edited:

Tox

fight me
    Years
    I think Drowsee/Hypno are fairly neglected. I often forget about them, despite knowing the Kanto and Johto Pokédexes almost perfectly. I'm not sure about the newer games. Volbeat and Illumise, maybe? Probopass and Lickilicky are rightfully forgotten about too. Anime-wise, well obviously, Porygon and its evolutions.

Joey's Rattata

Top Percentage
    Years
    Ha, I can't forget about Dunsparce. Somehow I always get a trainer with it at the Battle Frontier.

I somehow always forget about Vulpix/Ninetales. I don't know why, I really like them, but I always tend to forget they exist and skip over them when listing Generation 1 Pokemon. >_>

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    Probopass. I hate that pokemon honestly. I always forget about Nosepass too.

Masquerain is another one I always forget about, although I love Surskit <3

Last edited:

Instantmashed

Master Mashed
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Feb 20, 2011
    i feel every pokemon has a use minus luvdisc (seriously?). Yes even Dunsparce has a use which is using a flinch build which actually works well.

If anything the most forgotten pokemon is corsola or qwillfish...i just never hear anyone using them, except me :)

olih

Who says you can't go home?
    Years
    I agree with most people, Dunsparce is the forgotton one. And most people I know hate it.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Baltoy and Claydol, and those who aren't normally seen in the metagame/anime.
    Claydol is a very powerful pokemon. I suppose it's somewhat overlooked compared to others. But now with over 600 pokemon I'm sure a good 20% of them will be forgotten most of the time. :D

Archipelago

Who knows?
    Years
    I would have to say... Whismur, maybe.
    Remember? That little pink thing in Hoenn was often burst into tears at even the slightest word? No? Well, here's a little sprite to help you remember.
    Forgotten Pokemon?
    Still, on a slightly more serious note, I will often forget Whismur at the best of times, since I have found very few times in which I have used it. My attempt at a personal Hoenn Normal Monotype was the only time I had ever used it, and that was only short lasting as I had forgotten about the game itself a little before the second Gym. Maybe if I get the chance I'll try and use it, but for now, I find it a struggle just to remember it.

Joey's Rattata

Top Percentage
    Years
    But now with over 600 pokemon I'm sure a good 20% of them will be forgotten most of the time. :D

Quite true. Not just in competitive battles, but people may forget certain Pokemon exist at all. With a number this big, it'd be hard for that not to happen.

-Cygnus-

It's an odyssey
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2015
    Well I guess nobody has posted it so must be forgotten... Tauros? I don't do competitive battling and I don't have a DS, but Tauros just seems like a Pokemon that was never used by human or AI in playthroughs... Especially Gen I. Did any trainer have a Tauros?

Though I do fondly remember one of the few episodes of the anime I watched that featured Tauros. A really old episode anyone know the exact one..?

I agree with Masquerain and Nosepass. They just don't pop up when I think gen III (and I play gen III all the time)

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2011
    Remoraid, or however you spell it, in my opinion is just an awfull pokemon and well worth forgeting but on the other hand I think nosepass is memberable i love it.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    Tauros? I would hope everyone would remember Tauros. :(

Most forgettable in my Book Clamperl,Delibird,Castform and Chatot.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    There are actually so many Pokémon I've forgotten about, only because I use the same few in my parties every time I play a new game.

The list includes Dunsparce, Masqerain, Luvdisc, Clamperl/Huntail/Gorebyss, Mr. Mime, Tropius, Casform, Kecleon, Camerupt, Tangela, Absol, and Exeggutor.

...I also just noticed that the majority of Pokés in my list are from Hoenn. Hmm...

Back