• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Forgotton Pokémon?

.:Kanto:.

I'm back, yet again!
Years
  • When you think about. After an episode has had the Pokémon as it's main attraction. It sort of dies. And you never and I mean NEVER! see it again. Think about it. Machop. Whens the last time you saw Machop? Thats right. What about Hitmonlee? Geodude? Steelix? Onyx? Raichu? Pichu? Charmander? Squirtle?

I say that the original Pokémon *150 of them* Need a comeback, their being replaced by these newer 'crappier' ones.

One more thing...Does anyone know what happpened to Ash's Charizard and Squirtle after he released them? I think there needs to be an ep showing what happened to them.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    [quote='[SqS]
    One more thing...Does anyone know what happpened to Ash's Charizard and Squirtle after he released them? I think there needs to be an ep showing what happened to them.[/quote]

Well, you are part right about that.& part wrong
    The Charizard, I think is in Charisific(Don't exactly know the spelling)Valley, training.
    The Squirtle is still in the Squirtle squad, fighting fires or so much.

You're right, no progress is shown about these Pokemon...

Years
  • Didn't Ash's Squirtle come back for an episode or two for some tournament?
    But I get your point, it would be great Ash's Pidgeot or his Butterfree returned for a little while or even if there was a spin off episode showing what happened to them.
    He should come across his Primape in some adventure or his Lapras and him should cross paths.
    I miss those Pokemon.
    We need a proper return to Kanto. Maybe a re-entry into the Indigo Plateau. Is that possible?

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • Not to mention Primeape, since Ash left him for that dude to train Primeape was never seen again, I would have thought he would of come back after training within a week, not 5 years.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
  • lol, I found it funny how, ash left Primeape with that guy , so that primeape could 'become a champion'. This was right after Primeape had won the tourament, and therefore become a champion. -facepalm-
    And yes lots of Pokemon are forgotten. I think the most tragically forgotten pokemon is Porygon. Such a great idea, yet it was destroyed because of something that wasn't even its fault.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Raichu was in DP74, 4 episodes ago. Haha. Steelix was in DP24 or 25.

Laterna

Dream-Weaver
    Years
  • Charizard has had quite a few appearances since it left actually:
    ~ obvious one being the third movie with Entei.
    ~ it returned twice nearer the end of the Johto arc, once to battle Clair (8th Gym Leader) and then again to battle Gary Oak in the League I believe.
    ~ it also came back to battle in the first Battle Frontier battle against Articuno and then again at the end of that series to battle Brandon (along with Bulbasaur and Squirtle).

May owned a Squirtle for a long while, recently seen as a Wartortle in the Wallace Cup, so I'd hardly consider Squirtly as a species a "forgotten Pokémon" and Ash's Squirtle has returned on a number of occasions too:
    ~ it returned at the end of Johto to fight in the League too.
    ~ it was also in that episode against Brandon with Charizard and Bulbasaur at the end of the Battle Frontier arc.

The only truly "forgotten" Pokémon I can really think of are:
    ~ Porygon, for reasons stated in a previous post on this thread. Would love to see it appear in DP along with 2 and Z ^^

~ Qwilfish has only appeared three times really too ~ twice in Johto and once as a balloon in the Jirachi Movie.
    ~ Luvdisc, who has only appeared twice.

That's all I can really think of. Consider Legendary Pokémon as well who are lucky if they only get one appearance. I mean, according to Bulbapedia, Mew only recently appeared in an actual episode in Japan just a few weeks ago (not counting tv openings and movies). If you are counting tv openings and movies, which I assume you are, then lots of Pokémon have appeared considering the Advance Battle opening (the scenes of all the Pokémon flying, running and swimming) without really being registered, you know?

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • I don't think they'll put Porygon or it's evolutions in another episode for a long time =/

If the parents saw them, they might get nervous and stuff about a repeat of that Porygon incident... ("The Electric Soldier! Porygon!" Episode gave kids seizures and stuff =/ {I watched it on youtube, though... I didn't get a seizure, but I did have a headache for a while...})

EDIT: and Porygon DOES make some cameos sometimes...
    EDIT 2: And wasn't Porygon created by that professor guy? I know the one Team Rocket had got destroyed, but Ash and co. had one too... I dunno what happened to their's though =/
    Theoretically though, IF that second one survived, they COULD do a Porygon-2/Z Episode. It's really all a matter of if they want to do one and IF they're careful not to have a repeat of the EleSoldier Incident. (I don't think ANYONE wants a repeat of that incident!)

Last edited:
    Years
  • The thing with Porygon is ridiculous. The people working on the show gaffed, and yet, it is somehow the Pokemon's fault. You know, Porygon wasn't even involved in that missle sequence. He was at much of fault as, say, TR's Meowth was, simpily because he was in the area, but yet, he is being blamed for the whole thing.

Porygon is one of my favorite Pokemon, along with evolutions. I liked it the first time I finally racked up enough coins to get one back in R/B/Y. Maybe I'm biased for it, but I'm getting sick of them leaving it out all the time. I know he makes cameos, but still, an episode that centers around it would be nice, since the only one created so far is not even available to the North American public, other than a few clips on Youtube in Japanese.

Other than Porygon, I really can't think of who else has been left out, since I haven't followed the series at all since the Johto days. A Porygon episode might convince me to start watching it a little more, at least in the short-term. =P

Bellomence

Dragon Rider
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    When you think about. After an episode has had the Pokémon as it's main attraction. It sort of dies. And you never and I mean NEVER! see it again. Think about it. Machop. Whens the last time you saw Machop? Thats right. What about Hitmonlee? Geodude? Steelix? Onyx? Raichu? Pichu? Charmander? Squirtle?
    I thought Roark has an Onix and a Geodude.... That means those rock Pokémon briefly came back on one Sinnoh episode.

And probably they are focusing first on the anime debut of the newer Pokémon..... that's why we rarely see some of the old gen Pokemon.

Back