• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] Forming a Team

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2023
    What pokemon would you recommend for a character who's fond of battling, but is more focused on enjoying being with his team than being the best? I am having trouble creating one for a character aside from a Marshtomp starter. What I'm looking for are Pokemon that are fairly formidable, but not in a serious, deadweight competitive environment. More like a playthrough team. Any region can work, but no regionals and only suggest fully evolved or middle stage Pokemon please.

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
    Years
  • I mean, honestly if what your Trainer enjoys more is actually "being with the team", which I interpret as (more or less) "doing everyday stuff with the team", my impression is that the Pokémon that would be preferred would largely be those who ease travel, exploration and urban / city-style life management. I'm here thinking Pokémon like:

* Rapidash or Blitzle: ride Pokémon that serve well in the open, are not too constricted by urban spaces, and have some fame to them that invites conversation (eg.: Pokémon racing).
    * Alolan Marowak, Electabuzz (but not Electivire), Masquerain, Infernape, Luxray, Ampharos: Pokémon that can give you illumination both in exploration and in some urban spaces such as suburbs, and that unlike Charizard don't take up much space, don't knock stuff over, are not too unruly, etc.
    * The 5th Gen elemental monkeys, Krookodile, Grimmsnarl, Armarouge/Ceruledge, Druddigon, Duraludon: These are in general a good combination of Pokémon that look "cool", are likely not too common to have so they add a "rarity" factor to the team, have arms so they can do more human stuff, and can cover technical holes in a team.
    * Meowstic. Let's be honest. It's a cat-person.

There's others like these for every group but these are the ones that came to mind.

Back