• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Formspring controversy

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I know of it because some of my friends have one. And I think it's really pointless and dumb. I have seen people write hate comments and stupid things on my friend's pages. I don't see the point in formspring.

Years
Formspring is the next Twitter. Except that it's more of a troll-bait, and even more useless. I prefer Facebook over such trashy websites.

BTW, the serious business thing and suicide, it's not amusing nor witty. There's a difference between an argument and someone killing themselves.

INB4 acting someone acting like a cold arsehole and saying "LAWL it's their fault for letting that get to them". Really, some people have it real hard. Have some respect, will ya?

Lt_Nite

GnR for life!
Years
I think it's stupid I made one and deleted it, no point to it. It's made for anonymous questions then people complain when people ask them anonymous questions, at least where I live. It's just an invitation for haters and trolls. I THINK it should make you have to reveal yourself to stop all the harassment. I didn't know about that formspring suicide either, so sad.

xJordan360

plurfection.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 2, 2014
I find the constant trollage amusing. I have a formspring, and apparently I'm the most hated person in the history of evar.

Formspring is the next Twitter. Except that it's more of a troll-bait, and even more useless. I prefer Facebook over such trashy websites.

BTW, the serious business thing and suicide, it's not amusing nor witty. There's a difference between an argument and someone killing themselves.

INB4 acting someone acting like a cold arsehole and saying "LAWL it's their fault for letting that get to them". Really, some people have it real hard. Have some respect, will ya?

Welcome to the internetz, you must be new here.

xJordan360

plurfection.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 2, 2014

I still don't know what this is D:< Someone enlighten me!

Formspring is a site where people have the ability to sign up (I don't really know why I explained that part), and get asked anonymous questions. Whosoever visits your profile can ask you a question anonymously (unless the owner of the page opts out of anonymous questions, making it so that only registered usernames with their username visible can ask.) However, often it's used to spam/troll/hatemail people, rather than ask questions.

Magik?!

Georgums.
Years
I don't really understand the problem with it, it's like the people who commit suicide 'because of myspace' or 'because of facebook'... I'm sorry, but if they're prepared to take their life because of someone being mean to them (and yes, I know just how mean those comments can be), then they would have found a reason at another point in their lives. On Formspring, you can either make people sign in so that you can block the account, or you can block anonymous messages completely... you can also report or delete the questions without replying to them, they have done all they can to help people prevent this bullying. If people don't attempt to stop it, then it's their own fault. The best idea is to only give formspring to your friends - I posted mine on facebook... because guess what... unlike a lot of people (apparently), on my facebook, I don't have anyone who would post anything mean to me :O So far, I've had silly questions, serious questions and one marriage proposal xDDD (the whole anonymous thing made that one awkward) I think Formspring is a good idea and a fun site, they have precautions in place to prevent this kind of thing, if people don't use it, then you can't blame formspring.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
These kinds of sites are always gateways to cyber-bullying - Formspring, Facebook, MyYearBook, MySpace, etc. are all openings. The anonymous factor just makes it worse.

'Never did like those kinds of sites.

Years
Imagine that. I just disabled my Facebook account because I was being attacked for not having a social life.
Not dealing with other's dramas or being bullied FTW. :]

EmeraldSerenade

babyboy
Years
I recently checked my formspring today, and i had a few flaming questions... I feed off anonymous hate comments :3
Although, it does make me feel a bit insecure at times...

Yep, these sites are prone to cyber-bullying.

Back