• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Forum Addicts

BJ088

It's been so long!
Years
  • Do we have any forum addicts here?
    And I don't mean people that are signed up to numerous amounts of forums, I mean people that do such things like:

-constantly click the new posts button to see what activity has passed through since your last refresh

-constantly check back to sites every 10-20 minutes to see what has happened

-always reading heaps of topics/posts

stuff like that.

I for one am a big culprit of the constantly refreshing the page thing. I love seeing new material and seeing some post worthy topics!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    .. omg yes I always click new posts. And check PC a lot too. XD

luf100

Team Rocket Grunt
    Years
  • Yea, I'm definitely like that with a lot of different forums. I have three different forums set as my homepages and at least one of those is constantly open in a tab the whole time I'm online. I always refresh, hoping for new posts. xD I read a lot on forums too, probably more than I post.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    I have the "I wanna see how many notifications I have!" kind of addiction to every forum with notifications I go to. XD​

BJ088

It's been so long!
    Years
  • haha thank God I'm not the only one!
    But it gets so addictive! I'll check PC and respond to heaps of stuff (if need be), then 10 minutes later I'll find myself clicking back onto it haha

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Imma hold an intervention for you guys.

Add me to the list, Genesis. I don't generally go to stuff like Wi-Fi or RP, but the things I do check, I check to death. Refresh, refresh, refresh, post, post, new topic (not often), post, refresh, post, etc.

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    I am surely a forum addict.. I'm constantly on here and my own forum. Plus, I'm registered on lots of other forums I reguarly check out.. so yeah I'd classify myself as an addict.. :D

BJ088

It's been so long!
    Years
  • In short, I'm not. I think it's stupid that one should feel the need to check a website every five seconds.

Not when you're job consists of being in front of a computer every day doing the same thing for hours on end. You kind of seek enjoyment out of speaking on forums and hoping there's new posts.

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
    Years
  • Forums are my only friends...

I hope not...

I used to be quite addicted to forums, especially on another one, but i left and sorta made this place home. even though i don't have a lot of friends added on this one, i like kicking back and reading what everyone else has to say, maybe get little OCD on the trading and battling aspect, but generally: input opinion here and there, and ultimately, have fun with it all.

BenRK

That One Guy!
    Years
  • Haha, no, I was kidding of course. But I do have friends on forums, there's no question about that.

Last edited:

BJ088

It's been so long!
    Years
  • Can't argue that forums are great places to meet new people. I mean, I have THAT many people on my MSN and Skype from other countries solely because we share the same interests and met on forums. It's great.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Not as much as I was when I first joined PC (my ppd stat in my profile used to hover around 30 I believe...), But I'm definitely more addicted to PC now than I was during the two years before I made this account. XD

Back