• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Forum Software

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
    So I've not been all that active in non-vB forums lately...

What's the "hot" software now-a-days? Still MyBB?

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    For free? Yeah, it's myBB or SMF. Although I've seen a couple IPB 1.3's around still... =/

Personally, myBB's lack of hacks is driving me insane. Maybe I can gather up enough money to get a vB or IPB... XD

aRedMoon

Years
    You don't always need hacks. o_O I think vanilla is a lot better in some cases. Like the new hack thing at mU is really annoying, because it pushes content farther down. =_=

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
    I personally like phpBB of all the free forum software, it was the first non pay forum software I really learned how to totally customize.

myBB just seems to lack a lot of features, and no mods (no way than).

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
    Your not supposed to use the outdated IPB... They can't stop you, but if they find people supply or offering it for download, they get you shut down (>_<)

That is why I stick to vBulletin :P the owners are nice and funny, plus they got the best features of all.

IPB is mere eyecandy

Morkula

Years
    You're allowed use IPB 2.0.0 Final and before if you downloaded it before they stopped offering it for free. But you can't supply it.

vBulletin's my favorite of all the forum software, but it's so expensive. =/
    I like IPB too, but it's lack of a plugin system kinda turns me off, now that I'm used to one-click mod installations/deactivations... x.x

MalafeX

Typhlosion #1 fan
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    Master Blaze said:
    myBB just seems to lack a lot of features, and no mods (no way than).
    you are wrong myBB doesn't lack on features, phpBB lacks on features, myBB just lack on mods and skins.

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
    Any featue you have on myBB that isn't on phpBB I can find a mod for. So techniqually phpBB is more far advanced :P

IPB 2.0.0 Was supposed to be allowed to use if they already had it. So in retrospect, anyone that has it now got it illegally making their forum unlegit.

MalafeX

Typhlosion #1 fan
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    i downloaded ipb2 and ipb1.3, before it was taken down, so i am legal to use it.

saul

"My goodness, that's odd."
    Years
    Master Blaze said:
    Any featue you have on myBB that isn't on phpBB I can find a mod for. So techniqually phpBB is more far advanced :P

IPB 2.0.0 Was supposed to be allowed to use if they already had it. So in retrospect, anyone that has it now got it illegally making their forum unlegit.

I agree, with Richie here, phpBB is MUCH more advanced, why? Because they have been working on it longer and people have been producing hacks/mods, skins for years now myBB is still just a blossoming forum software. I do enjoy myBB alot though ^^ probably because of the design, and it's simialr to vB in many ways.

Morkula

Years
    Yes, then you get a new version every month or so and have to re-install all the mods. I'd rather have the features out of the box instead of having to add them myself. =/

aRedMoon

Years
    I personally hate MyBB now, because of my horrid experience with it. :P

I know it's gotten better... but ehhh... past experiences. x_x

saul

"My goodness, that's odd."
    Years
    JKaizer said:
    I personally hate MyBB now, because of my horrid experience with it. :P

I know it's gotten better... but ehhh... past experiences. x_x

lol xDD

As for reinstalling mods... if only there was a mod installer like the one for phpBB where you press a few buttons and you have your mod installed =P and why do you have to have the "Current" version though? O.o usually when a new update is made it's something small, unless it is some big new mahor addon or glitch fix :paranoid:

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    I reckon MyBB looks the best...

I'm too dumb to know how to install it... xD

Back