• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Forum System Debate - Enter ye Webmaster~

Which Forum Do you Recommend?(Free)

• PHPBB

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • MyBB

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • SMF

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • YaBB

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Invasion Free

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Other (Pls Post)

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters

Cool Cr@cker

I am now Chrono Cr@cker
    Years
    Hello Dear Webmasters and Site-Building Experts. My friend & myself are having discussions on which Free Forum system. We have reviewed many Forums and are Finding faults with each. Perhaps your opinions might be very valuable here and you can help us decide which Forums is the best. So give your opinions and also tell me why.Also if you do know anyother Forums tell us here.

1) PHPBB ~ https://phpbb.com ? A pretty good Forums, fast & reliable but the main page is not that much attractive, I donot like it & also some of the stuff and features are lame.
    2) YABB ~ https://yabbforums.com ? A really good Forums based on Attractiveness, great features and reliable but unfortunately since its made of fully CGI my friend claims CGI Forums are not reliable.
    3) SMF ~ https://simplemachines.org - An excellent forums, Good Look, Nice features, Free. A bit hard to install but the Admin CP is not exactly top class if you compare. Our Best Bet for the Moment.
    4) MyBB ~ https://mybboard.com An extremely attractive board with cool features and all. But Some say that Its not that reliable and not stable too. I don?t know what to say.
    5) Invasion Free - https://invasionboard.com No longer free but we can get it for free but Its really lame, not very attractive and features are a bit poor so Ruled out.

We Dare not Consider Vb or IPB as they are expensive.(Wish VB was Free)
    So vote and give your comments.
    -----------------------------------------
    CC

Trikip

Can you Handel this?
    Years
    Yeah, I like SMF too. I really don't like myBB. At first glance, MyBB looks great. When you try to install it though, that's another story...

^^NICK^^ v.3.0

Original Nick
    Years
    I had MyBB a few years ago, then I forgot what they were called when i got my new computer, so I couldn't use them anymore. Well... Anyway, I know a lot people who use invision, but i don't like it much. I'd go with simplemachines, since you like it the most. I'm no expert.

Trikip

Can you Handel this?
    Years
    MyBB was made in summer 2004, so how could you have used myBB a few years ago?

Kipkip

Join the Revolution
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 24, 2007
    YABB - CGI is unsupoorted, banwidth eater. Should say enough.
    SMF - Ugly, too user-friendly Admin Control Panel, no hacks?, filled with stupid usless features, can't customize it very well.
    MyBB - Looks nice, Admin Control Panel isn't well organized, no hacks?, filled with stupid usless features, can't customize it very well.
    Invasion Free - No Comment
    phpBB - Looks nice, not filled with stupid usless features, hacks, fast, reliable, best forum ever, can customize it very well.
    Verdict: phpBB
    I have spoken!

PD Wooper

.: υвεʀ ωοορεʀ :.
    Years
    SMF is the most customisable and most simple to, but its new, so it hardly has any premade hacks/skins.

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
    There are some hacks, and it has an auto-installer, which is <333333

And CC, must you use "~" in every topic title? ._.

Izzy

=O
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2006
    1) PHPBB ~ I like it. It's simple.
    2) YABB ~ No comment
    3) SMF ~ No comment
    4) MyBB ~ It's like.. a better version of PHPBB
    5) Invasion Free - ... It's not that bad, in fact in some cases it's good, it's enough to get a good forum needed it has all you'd ever need. >_>

Years
    Invision is too... slow. phpBB is too... n00bisbh, and SMF has horrible skinning and usergroups. Invision has a GREAT skin system, but horrible importing. Right now, I wouldnt touch anything but vB.

Kipkip

Join the Revolution
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 24, 2007
    Imakuni? said:
    Invision is too... slow. phpBB is too... n00bisbh, and SMF has horrible skinning and usergroups. Invision has a GREAT skin system, but horrible importing. Right now, I wouldnt touch anything but vB.
    How is phpBB n00bish? Please support yourself as I would like to know. Thank you.

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    ~ phpBB [Too lacky. Also, everyone uses it, so it's a popular forum hacking target.]
    ~ YaBB [Just... ick. You're practically trying to piss your host off.]
    ~ SMF [It's nice, but it's also crammed with features.]
    ~ MyBB [Still new and kinda buggy, but it's addictive, it's like a free vB. Despite the vunerabilities (which will be fixed in Gold), this is my choice.]
    ~ IPB [1.3 stinks, 2.0 isn't free. Enough said.]

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
    Imakuni? said:
    I beg to differ. I absolutely adore usergroups in SMF.

tec2030

fMa FrEaK oF tHe WeEk!
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen May 29, 2014
    I chose InvisionFree only because I like the way the skinning system works.

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    SMF is really nice with skins and usergroups, plus it has some really good hacks. Even if it is still sorting out some problems, I love it. Also, it has the best tech support.

PD Wooper

.: υвεʀ ωοορεʀ :.
    Years
    30% of people can't be wrong x3;;
    However, phpBB has a hype hold on the market like Windows and IE. Actually 20% of the visits to my site are Firefox :/

Cool Cr@cker

I am now Chrono Cr@cker
    Years
    SMF == 5
    MyBB == 2
    PHPBB == 2
    As I guessed SMF is the most preffered by our members. But I have checked out the Admin CP & SMF's Admin CP is really lame. (Any Comments). The usergroups thingie is pretty good in SMF. So are the Skins.

As someone Said, I too find PHPBB N00bish. I'm not able to Explain myself I guess.
    I dont like its look and some other Features like Admin CP, the Style of the Threads and all.
    I need Comments on these
    1) is MyBB Very Unstable
    2) Since YaBB is CGI -- Will it go really slow
    3) What are your Comments on "Disadvantages of SMF"
    4) 2 of you have voted "Other" - Please Post here what they are.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    Disadvantages of SMF: Admin CP :P
    MyBB seems to be fairly stable, but it has some bugs because its in prerelease. Nothing really major though.

Izzy

=O
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2006
    I voted Invision Power Board as other :P But that was before I realized it was between free.

Also, don't attack me because I favor IPB as my board of choice. Just... don't

Back