• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FPS drops to 4-9 in Moves Menu

Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2021
    Hello, I have quite a troublesome problem on the battle scene.
    My battles withOUT EBS are perfect, without lag or fps drops but when I open the attack menu (when I can select the 4 attacks) my fps drops to 4-9.

If I leave that menu everything will be perfect again.

I looked at the "PokeBattle_Scene" and compared the text with the vanilla version and there are no changes beyond some "INTL".

Also, if I start a new game this doesn't happen until a while, sometimes very early and sometimes later, but it always comes back.

I don't know if it follows any pattern, but it seems that if I save the game, quit the game and re-enter, it happens. Im using Pokémon Essentials v17 without EBS.

Thank you so much!

Last edited:

Sr.Haruno

Banned
    Years
  • Hello, I have quite a troublesome problem on the battle scene.
    My battles withOUT EBS are perfect, without lag or fps drops but when I open the attack menu (when I can select the 4 attacks) my fps drops to 4-9.

If I leave that menu everything will be perfect again.

I looked at the "PokeBattle_Scene" and compared the text with the vanilla version and there are no changes beyond some "INTL".

Also, if I start a new game this doesn't happen until a while, sometimes very early and sometimes later, but it always comes back.

I don't know if it follows any pattern, but it seems that if I save the game, quit the game and re-enter, it happens. Im using Pokémon Essentials v17 without EBS.

Thank you so much!

Look, that could be your machine.

My one is a modest machine and runs with and without Ebs smootly even being able to into 60fps.

Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2021
    Look, that could be your machine.

My one is a modest machine and runs with and without Ebs smootly even being able to into 60fps.

I always have 60fps. I only had this when I open that certain menu and even in a vanilla version (sometimes it does not happen but it ends up appearing). I have sended it to a friend and the same thing happens to him.
    I have an i7 8700k, 16gb ram and 1050Ti.

Years
    • Age 21
    • Seen Nov 28, 2022
    Too bad the maximum FPS of RPG Maker XP is 40, not 60.

But regardless, I've also experienced lag in selection windows before. Just not the battle choice window, but things like long vertical lists.
    It's also certainly not your specs. There's nothing wrong with yours.

Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2021
    Too bad the maximum FPS of RPG Maker XP is 40, not 60.

But regardless, I've also experienced lag in selection windows before. Just not the battle choice window, but things like long vertical lists.
    It's also certainly not your specs. There's nothing wrong with yours.

Yes, when I talk about 60 fps I mean the "Graphics.frame_rate = 60" that I have in my game. Is there a way then to fix that then?

Years
    • Age 21
    • Seen Nov 28, 2022
    Yes, when I talk about 60 fps I mean the "Graphics.frame_rate = 60" that I have in my game. Is there a way then to fix that then?

All I can say is that forcing the FPS to go above the supported maximum of 40 is a bad idea. It may appear to be fine for you, but other people playing your game will likely have screen tearing. And for me personally, I find that unacceptable in a game.

Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2021
    All I can say is that forcing the FPS to go above the supported maximum of 40 is a bad idea. It may appear to be fine for you, but other people playing your game will likely have screen tearing. And for me personally, I find that unacceptable in a game.

Yea, I agree that tearing is a problem, but is there any way to prevent fps drops on those menus? Or at least in the attack menu.

Thank you, Marin!

Back