• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] FR - Added palettes glitch

Years
    I've added four new palettes to firered through an hex editor, moved the palette table to a new location and repointed everything to it. Each palette was assigned to a different OW, three of them seem to be working fine but the last palette I've added is glitching. I've checked it's overworld data in hex and it is in fact pointing to the palette I've assigned it to. What seems to be the issue?

Dr. Seuss

Will finish GS Chronicles, I swear!
    Years
    Maybe is because the pallete points to an used pallete slot, for view the free slots you can use the pallete viewer of VBA and check what slots are unused.

Years
    usually the slots 0A-0F are unused, try with these slots c:

Check this image out if you please :)
    FR - Added palettes glitch

For some reason even though I have pointed the the camper's ow to the empty slot D, it doesnt add it's palette to the palette slot, what's more brock's ow fills up two palette slots for some reason. '.'

Last edited:

EViLGRiN

Banned
    Years
    I've added four new palettes to firered through an hex editor, moved the palette table to a new location and repointed everything to it. Each palette was assigned to a different OW, three of them seem to be working fine but the last palette I've added is glitching. I've checked it's overworld data in hex and it is in fact pointing to the palette I've assigned it to. What seems to be the issue?

Hey, would you be able to explain to me how you did this? I've been searching around for the palette table location and haven't found a great tutorial as of yet.

Back