• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script✓] [FR] Making a shiny starter more likely

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Feb 26, 2020
In my hack, one of the things I'm doing is editing a lot of the shinies (and I mean A LOT - Sentret/Furret/Charizard/Crobat/Sunkern/Sunflora/Mewtwo/Gyarados/Alakazam are just a FEW examples) as well as having shinies for all of my custom species. I have already edited the shiny rate to be 1/256, but I want the Shiny chance for the Starter of the game (Furret) to be higher, so anyone who wants to hunt it doesn't have to spend forever SR-ing for it. Essentially, what I want to know if if it's possible to reroll shinyness (in a manner like LGPE Catch Combo) with a script without a whole lot of ASM (not using any ASM would be optimal but I know the chances of this are slim). I am pretty sure it's possible to use Shinyzer to aid in this yes I know Shinyzer uses an ASM routine you don't have to call me out for being a noob or something but I'm not certain if it allows for a method to imitate a higher shiny rate. Optimally, I would want the Starter to have a shiny rate of about 1/32. If this is not reasonably possible (ie would require an unreasonably complex script, or just simply isn't possible), then what would be necessary to just force a shiny?

Last edited:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
You can just structure your script to have a 1-in-32 chance of activating the shinyizer like this:

Code:
random 0x20 // Generates a number between 0 and 31
compare 0x800D 0x0 // Checks if the number is 0
if 0x1 call @Shiny // Only has a 1/32 chance of branching and returning
givepokemon 0x1 0xA2 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0

#org @Shiny
setvar 0x8003 0x1
return

Technically, the Furret you recieve will have a 9/256 chance of being shiny (due to the non-shinyzed version having a 1/256 of being naturally shiny) but other than that small detail, this should work as intended. If you really want it to be to be 1/32 just change the script to this:

Code:
random 0x100
compare 0x800D 0x6
if 0x3 call @Shiny

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Feb 26, 2020
You can just structure your script to have a 1-in-32 chance of activating the shinyizer like this:

Code:
random 0x20 // Generates a number between 0 and 31
compare 0x800D 0x0 // Checks if the number is 0
if 0x1 call @Shiny // Only has a 1/32 chance of branching and returning
givepokemon 0x1 0xA2 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0

#org @Shiny
setvar 0x8003 0x1
return

Technically, the Furret you recieve will have a 9/256 chance of being shiny (due to the non-shinyzed version having a 1/256 of being naturally shiny) but other than that small detail, this should work as intended. If you really want it to be to be 1/32 just change the script to this:

Code:
random 0x100
compare 0x800D 0x6
if 0x3 call @Shiny

Dr. Fuji saves the day again! Thanks a ton! :D <3

Back