• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script✓] FR Mt. Moon Fossil Battle Script -FireRed

Years
  • so it seems like the battle with the Super Nerd in FireRed only triggers when the script is on a specific spot. Anyone know how to change this or why it happens? I don't really want to rearrange the whole map and this could be trouble later on if it happens with something else.

Last edited:

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
    Years
  • Whenever you step on a tile and the game activates a script, that's called a script tile. In Mt. Moon, when you step directly in front of the nerd, you're actually stepping on a script tile and not initiating a trainer battle with the exclamation point. So if you're planning on keeping the event the same but you're just moving the spot, just move the script tile in advance map to your new location and it should still function.

Years
  • Whenever you step on a tile and the game activates a script, that's called a script tile. In Mt. Moon, when you step directly in front of the nerd, you're actually stepping on a script tile and not initiating a trainer battle with the exclamation point. So if you're planning on keeping the event the same but you're just moving the spot, just move the script tile in advance map to your new location and it should still function.

Yes I know it is a script tile. Moving it from its original spot causes it not to activate.

Years
  • That... Shouldn't be happening. Do you have any screenshots?

ok so this is very strange but I figured it out. I noticed that when testing, the ladder back up also didnt work along w the nerd script. It seems that the problem was movement permissions. The area that the ladder was in used 10 blocks to stop the player from walking downward onto another area
    R6eOpyf.png
    6Mny8Hv.png

So I changed the behavior byte to 32 (person blocked upwards) and all the tiles to movement permission C which is how the vanilla game does it and it works.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    The script tile in Mt. Moon has an "Unknown" value set to 3, which is the height the script activates in. My guess is that height 3 only activates when the height level is 2 (the default) in AdvanceMap, which is the movement C block. So you could fix it by changing the 3 to a 4 so it works on movement 10 blocks, or to 0 so that it works on every height. I like the workaround found, though!

Back