• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] [FR] Removing the Intro Battle and Gamefreak Animation

Mahian23

Behold my Supreme Power!
    Years
    I know many of you are struggling to remove the "Nidorino and Ganger Battle" and "The Gamefreak Presents" Animation. It's not as hard as you're thinking.You only need some few tools.

1.A Hex Editor [I will use HXD]
    2.A Rom
    3.VBA [For Testing]
    3.A Brain XD

At first,open your rom in a Hex Editor and Put Values 15 89 07 at 0x0EC5D0. [To Remove the Nidorino and Ganger Battle and "The Gamefreak Presents" animation]

Spoiler:

Then Save it.Then open the rom in VBA (or any GBA emulator you want)

Congratulations! You successfully removed the Intro Battle and Gamefreak Animation

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2022
    This is a really cool simple hex change. Mind if I add this as a tool in PokeWebKit's Game Start section? I will credit you. :)

Also, I can't see what is in your spoiler for some reason.

Edit: Looked into it. Really awesome stuff. I found the offset/value for BPRE 1.1, but can't find the one for Emerald. Any thoughts?

BPRE 1.1
    Offset: 0xEC5E4
    Value: 29 89 07

Edit 2: I think the offset for Emerald is 0x16CC6C, but I can't seem to find the right value.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2024
    This is a really cool simple hex change. Mind if I add this as a tool in PokeWebKit's Game Start section? I will credit you. :)

Edit: Looked into it. Really awesome stuff. I found the offset/value for BPRE 1.1, but can't find the one for Emerald. Any thoughts?

BPRE 1.1

Edit 2: I think the offset for Emerald is 0x16CC6C, but I can't seem to find the right value.

See: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=383876

Mahian23

Behold my Supreme Power!
    Years

BPRE 1.1

For the first question:yes, you can,creditting me is optional as I just wrote it here and nothing else.
    Spoiler:

As for the second question: It was already answered by "Anon822".So,I don't think I should answer myself.

Back