• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Frames in Pokemon GBA games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2014
    Hello, I'm working on an Emerald hack and I'm in the process of changing the sprites with the black/white generation sprites but I'v run into a slight problem. A large portion of the sprites on Emerald have a couple frames to them to create the illusion of animation, and I can only get the static sprites from black/white.

I'm using Advanced Pokemon Sprite Editor and it doesn't let you remove frames on there. Does anybody know how I can remove the frames? When there are frames the pokemon will flicker into a beige square for a second during it's appearance including in the pokedex, which is very annoying and not aesthetically pleasing.

I know it's possible to remove frames because I'v seen other Emerald/Ruby/Sapphire hacks that have no frames when I open them in Advanced Pokemon Sprite Editor. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Smeargle

Illusory
    Years
  • You may want to do some research on romhacking.
    To find the data I just gave you, you would need a hex editor.

But might I ask, if you don't want animations why don't you use firered or ruby?

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2014
    I'm using Emerald because the goal of my rom hack is to "update" emerald specifically. There is a lot of content exclusive to emerald that R/S just don't have. I don't want to omit any of emeralds content. I just want to update its sprites to newer, fresher looking ones, and also gradually work towards updating the visuals as a whole. To have similar visuals as the Flora Sky emerald hack, and similar sprites as black/white gen. It will take a very long time though considering to my surprise nobody has perfectly resized all pokemon from gens 1-3 from the black/white series. I'v only managed to find few pokemon converted, and some of them people didn't even do the shinies.

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2014
    also, I should note that I have a hex editor however that value was nowhere to be found within the rom

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    It seems this thread has run it's course. Somekidben, you've been directed to the appropriate forum and your questions has been answered to the best of other's ability. If you ever wonder where a thread belongs on PC, feel free to ask anyone with a blue or orange username. Good luck!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back