• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Free forum software

Ac1d

Game Dev
Years
  • Everything's free if you want it to be :P
    There was a website that allowed you to download 90% of the scripts on the net, legally (Not Pirated).
    It was a nice little collection, I'll edit this post in the next day and tell you where to find it (My friend has it bookmarked :P)

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
  • Everything's free if you want it to be :P
    There was a website that allowed you to download 90% of the scripts on the net, legally (Not Pirated).
    It was a nice little collection, I'll edit this post in the next day and tell you where to find it (My friend has it bookmarked :P)

xD,

You could always use MyBB. It works just like vBulletin. - https://MyBBoard.net

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • Mybb is your best option. It's been described by a lot of people as "the free version of vBulletin" and I have to agree. It's very easy to use, but at the same time It's a solid forum software. User interface is easy for staff and regular members =].

You do have to get a host which run PHP and Mysql. I would recommend bythost because they have a good panel for a free host (vista panel) and they meet all recommendations.

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
  • I run phpBB 3.0 mainly, which is my favourite, though a friend's forum I host runs on SMF.

I've not had good experiences with others really.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
    Years
  • You have to pay $160 for Vbulletin if you aspire to build a large and successful community...

But anyway, you may check out Mybb, SMF, phpbb, proboard or Invisionfree if you simply wish to have a small and personal forum.

Last edited:

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • I don't understand how some of you can even think of suggesting Proboard. It's quite ugly and not user friendly and has ads unless you pay to remove them.

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2009
    i have created my own forum to but cant send out the adress because the # of post I have
    so I am going to get 15 post

enViable

The Frozen Fire Alchemist
    Years
  • phpBB plus+

Can't believe it's hardly been mentioned. I was running that for 2 years. 5000+ members, mods up to wazoo and it was quick, reliable and easy

yourpokemonforum

Luigi the Webmaster
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    Try Jcink

Try Jcink. Its a really cool forum hosting for IPB. It even lets you add arcade, watch movies, and alot more. thats what I used. Tho, its really advanced.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
  • Eww, guys phpBB is horrible. Security and such is alright, but they don't have the best developers in the world. I don't even think they use SQLite :/

Anyways, use MyBB, it's a free forum software with a decently large theme + Plug-in base, and it have quite a useful Plug-in system at that. The new ACP is quite easy to use, and looks great. It's also easy to integrate into a main webpage.

Ж…Σ…Π…Θ…Π™©||»GΞЯ«||

geямαи яøмħα¢κeя!
    Years
  • Just check some freeware, much of them are better as this vBulletin Board.

Check out ...

• mybboard.net/ (This is like vBulletin!)
    • phpbb.com/downloads/ (phpBB3 is a great freeware board software)
    You also can get styles and modifications for these.
    Try it out!

Back