• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Free hosts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2008
    www.bravenet.com

The pros:
    -20MB disk space
    -500MB of bandwidth (metered on a daily basis)
    -Free web based FTP (upload more than one file at a time)
    -free subdomain name (https://yoursite.bravehost.com)

The cons:
    -Limited filetypes for when you want to upload files
    -Advertisements at the top of your page

It's okay...I use it!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2004
    www,xennos.com

10mbs of free webspace
    500 mbs of b/w
    1 ftp accoun
    1 POP3 Email accounts
    1 MySQL Database
    Cpanel X with fantastico script installer
    Microsoft? FrontPage 2002 Extensions
    PHP 4.3.4
    Perl
    mySQL Server + PhpMyAdmin

read about the full features here:

https://www.xennos.com/plans/index.htm

they are really reliable for a free host.

MalafeX

Typhlosion #1 fan
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    hello i am new, i think the best host is livegate.net they don't put any kinds of ads and pop ups, here check my website pokemonworlds.tk you will se a ad but that one i put it my self to make some money.

Goten Shy

K a w a i i
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Sep 24, 2004
    You will all ate me for saying this, but tripod.co.uk is the best. I know those banners are annoying, but my firned has found a program which overides all of those banners, giving you a bannerless, free host with MYsql, php4 and alot of memory (50mb, thats enough)

Goten Shy

K a w a i i
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Sep 24, 2004
    Well this thing was made by Lycos i think. Either way, who cares :p Im sure it dont say in its COC : Do not get rid of the annoying banners we have to place casue we are low on money and want lots more for outself and to run out second homes :p -_- Another good free host idea, become really good firneds with someone with a .com domain, then ask them to spare a bit of space. Im workin on that now with a firned :P

BigCN401

[insert something here]
    Years
    I'm using Free ProHosting. Offer 50 MB storage, FTP and I think unlimited bandwidth. They have an option to either to have banner ads on your pages or pop-up ads. I suggest you go with pop-ups so it doesn't interfear framed page (and then use a pop-up blocker). You have to put "killbanner" after "html" of every page if you want pop-up to be active...and yes they allow it. It should look something like this:
    Code:
    <html>
    <killbanner>
    <head>

Hope this helps. :)

Years
    BigCN401. thats illegal to use that code. it will get your account killed;

Code:
    <html><killaccount><head>...

BigCN401

[insert something here]
    Years
    It's been a year now and ProHosting hasn't complain about it. They even have it on their site saying if you want pop-up instead of banner ads is to use that code. o.O;

BigCN401

[insert something here]
    Years
    So you prefer banner ads displaying on every single page, top and bottom, including frame page which can mess up the page than pop-up to which most likey people will have Google/Yahoo! toolbar, a pop-up blocker program or using a different browser beside IE and Netscape which feature to block pop-up?

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
    Well some people do.

Now, this topic is to post free hosting, not to discuss how to pop-ups or banners or whatever.

BigCN401

[insert something here]
    Years
    I was suggesting pop-up over banner. Oh well. I didn't intend to make this a long discussion so I'll stop here and let people decided first of all they want to use ProHosting and then to use banner or pop-up.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back