• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

#Free_Pokemon FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
Years
  • f!Re said:
    hmm... i was like downloading the episodes and then i lag out. when i try to resume the download, it wouldn't work! instead i had to overwrite it for the connection to start... that really waste alot of my time... is it just me or what...?

heracross... read the above posts to see how to download the episodes.
    Get into the trigger, and instead of using:
    get filename.ext

Use:
    resume filename.ext

That work?

f!Re

Shige's #1 fan
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2006
    no it doesn't :(
    that is for fserve active rite? how do i resume a xdcc active one?

Last edited:

Heracross214

Legendary Dude
    Years
  • PGN said:
    Type !list and enter an fserve [/ctcp <fserve trigger>] and type 'help' in the fserve for commands.
    I don't understand. I typed /ctcp <fserve trigger> and it didn't work. Do you have to know the name of the trigger or something?

f!Re

Shige's #1 fan
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2006
    JKaizer said:
    Oh... an XDCC. I dunno about that.

Why not msg the person?

Well, i guess i'll try that. I read from somewhere that to use resume.ext the option must be enabled by the person who sent u the file. Oh well...
    Thanks alot for the help :)

f!Re

Shige's #1 fan
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2006
    Heracross214 said:
    I don't understand. I typed /ctcp <fserve trigger> and it didn't work. Do you have to know the name of the trigger or something?

u can't just type /ctcp <fserver trigger> in the channel. That is only an example.

Maybe this will help u to understand better: https://freepokemon.com/fserve_tut.html

hope i help ;)

Heracross214

Legendary Dude
    Years
  • Well, I came to the conclusion that it won't work for me anyway. Apperently it won't work properly if you have a firewall, and since I can't disable it, I'll just have to accept defeat. Thanks for the help anyway guys.

Shi-goyle

Pokemon Eater
    Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2004
    Surely this has been posted, but YOU DONT HAVE TO PAY FOR mIRC PPL.
    After the trial is up you open it and after a few secs the continue buton is available ;)

Liz

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2005
    This question is a bit um..silly but...
    if you type /msg -something- , is this invisible for other persons than you and the person you are talking to or is it not?

Greg

Might want to fix the irc.rizon.net part, as we're back on Deja.

PKS

|S|E|A|R|C|H| my anti-dupe
    Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2009
    It should prolly also be mentioned that it is against PC rules to double post.

Mx7f

I think you should add that searching for unreleased files is against the rules. That's what I was kicked for(searched for '133' and 'Labratory', I could argue I was searching for the 133rd episode of dexter's Labratory on the TOON-BOT, but that'd be a bold faced lie). Anyone reading this know how long a kick lasts anyway?

Chaos

I thought I'd provide a bit of input into various clients for several OSes (since #free_pokemon is mainly a file-sharing channel, all the clients I list support DCC out-of-the-box (possibly excluding the last two of the advanced ones I only reference by name), so to speak)...

First, for Linux there are two well-known, well-liked GUI client. First, X-Chat. https://www.xchat.org There's also a Windows version, but the author is probably breaking the GPL by not providing the source - don't buy it, as there are various free builds out there (I'll get to that in a second). The second Linux client is KVIrc, a KDE/QT client. https://www.kvirc.net I haven't used it, but I know it's pretty popular.

Now, Macs... While there are some well known clients, like IRCLE, most of the well-known ones are shareware. There are, however, some less-known free clients. First, X-Chat Aqua - an OSX native version of X-Chat. The best one, IMHO (not really for a new IRC user, more for the power user). https://xchataqua.sourceforge.net Another is Colloquy, which is not a traditional IRC client - it's probably easier to use for a new user though. https://colloquy.info And the third free one I know of is called Conversation. I tried it out and it's pretty good, but I prefer X-Chat Aqua for it's Perl scripting. https://homepage.mac.com/philrobin/conversation/

And now, free Windows client. Like I said, there are various free X-chat builds out there. There's a comparison of features of the main builds. Please, don't go for the pay one... Like I said, the author is possibly breaking the GPL doing that. Go for one of the free ones - X-Chat is supposed to be free. ;) https://www.silenceisdefeat.org/~b0at/xchat/win32 Looks like the Daemon404 or SilvereX builds are the most featureful.

So... Remember, IRC is meant to be free - don't pay for a client unless you want to support the author's work (mIRC isn't the best choice to support...the author doesn't listen to requests from what I've heard - supposedly it took years of requests from paying customers to get SSL support), or have a good reason for needing a specific client. And if you're new to IRC, definitely try it out on a free client. :)

And, for those out there who really want something powerful, there are some extremely advanced IRC clients I know of. These are NOT for most people.

(Name gets censored - Google for a cerain 5-letter word beginning with b, and tag an x onto the end - *****x - to find it) - a well known, incredibly complex IRC client. Based on EPIC (see below). Command-line only, in most cases. Some GUIs are available, but they don't provide much functionality - it's all in the text.

EPIC - another command-line only client. Very complex, and has a very advanced scripting language. You'll probably get the most functionality by using a complex script for it - Google around or write your own.

There are some more out there, like irssi, ircII, etc., but I've never used or tried them, and really couldn't say much about them.

If you have any questions about IRC (I run a server - I know a fair bit about IRC in general), PM me on here, e-mail me through here, or find me on IRC (in #free_pokemon on irc.dejatoons.net under the name Chaos - I'm in there all the time, but may not be active).

Also, someone may wish to update the first post in this thread to correct the mIRC connect command given. From /server irc.rizon.net -j #free_pokemon to /server irc.dejatoons.net -j #free_pokemon

Hurey789

Bleach Fan
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jul 25, 2007
    what is free pokemon? because it sounds like your going to sell your video or something.

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2006
    guys,

I cant connect to free pokemon, at first i cant seem connect to rizon, after i click on 'connect' it's just stays there "Connecting to irc.rizon.net (7000)" for quite sometimes, in about like 5 minutes i finnaly be able to connect to rizon server, but when i went to free_pokemon channel it's only me there, it's not ussualy like that.

it says " * Now talking in #free_pokemon
    * irc.easyshellz.com sets mode: +ntZ "

Any clue of what happen ?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back