• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other✓] Freezes in my Pokémon Platinium hack.

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2020
    (I'm French so my English is very, very bad, sorry )

I use PPRE to edit trainers, wild pokemon and pokémon data.

I go to Route 203 and when my rival sees me, the game crashes.

I can't go to Route 203, so I can't finish the game...

Someone can help me ?

(I saw a post for the same problem but he has not answered for 1 year)

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    (I'm French so my English is very, very bad, sorry )

I use PPRE to edit trainers, wild pokemon and pokémon data.

I go to Route 203 and when my rival sees me, the game crashes.

I can't go to Route 203, so I can't finish the game...

Someone can help me ?

(I saw a post for the same problem but he has not answered for 1 year)

Sometimes when you use PPRE to edit a map's wild Pokémon data it also corrupts the script data by adding a bunch of junk data to it. PPRE is only a beta, so it can be pretty unstable at times. I'd suggest taking a look at what it's done to the rival's script to see whether or not you can fix it (you could copy the script from a clean ROM if needed).

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2017
    PPRE can be an extremely buggy application, as it sometimes borks scripts up or just outright refuses to save. Unfortunately, the only real program that you could potentially use is SDSME, but it's very incomplete.
    So which of the two is actually better?

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2020
    Thanks for the answers, but how to move the scripts in a clean ROM? And how to transfer all changed data ( Wild Encounters , Trainers and data ) in this clean ROM without PPRE ?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    So which of the two is actually better?
    That's debatable, they're both pretty buggy. They both have save problems with their script editors, they both have incomplete Trainer editors and the wild Pokémon editors in both are partially broken. SDSME has more actually working features, though, is more recent, and is easier to navigate IMO.

Thanks for the answers, but how to move the scripts in a clean ROM? And how to transfer all changed data ( Wild Encounters , Trainers and data ) in this clean ROM without PPRE ?
    If you haven't edited any scripts, you can just replace the script file (it's in field data/scripts, should be named something like scr_seq.narc) in your modified ROM's files with a copy from a clean ROM. That should solve your freezing issue. I'd suggest using a different tool to edit wild Pokémon (not SDSME); PPRE should be OK to use for most other things though.

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2020
    I searched the folder "data" but there is no folder "script" , but I found a "scr_msg.narc" file in the folder msgdata/scenario.
    It is it ? (Sorry for the awful English x') I hope you can understand me.)

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I searched the folder "data" but there is no folder "script" , but I found a "scr_msg.narc" file in the folder msgdata/scenario.
    It is it ? (Sorry for the awful English x') I hope you can understand me.)
    It's in "fielddata," not "data." Sorry, I should have made that clearer; I've attached an image showing the file and the exact file path if you need further clarification. Hope it helps!

Your English is perfectly understandable, don't worry about it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2020
    Ah ok ! Thank you very much , I'll test it and I told you if it works.

EDIT 1 :
    For now, the scripts that would crash the ROM works ! Trainers and wild encounters have no problem. I wish you PM if another problem arises and if the topic is closed.

EDIT 2 :
    The ROM works perfectly ! It is "over" but I think I do not publish it on the forum because I made this hack for me. If you want the patch (What should I do xD) , send me a private message and I send it to you. I warn you right now that there are no big changes xD
    Thank you all again. You are the best xD

Merci ^^

Last edited:
    Back