• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] From ROMs to Cartridges

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2023
    Hello everyone! I recently indulged myself with the GBA, and have been really excited about it. I recently had the want to upload popular rom hacks onto cartridges and play them for myself on my GBA. I would like to know what the easiest way to do so is, and without just buying those hacks on the internet.

camthesaxman

reverse engineer of teh pokeymanz
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2018
    Well, the only way to do that is to use a GBA flash cart. I don't know much about these, but I think the best ones are the EverDrive GBA and the EZ-Flash IV. Alternatively, you can run GBA rom hacks on a 3DS via emulation using mGBA, which doesn't require any extra hardware, just a bit of softmodding.

PiaCRT

Orange Dev
    Years
    I know more about GB/C bootlegging than GBA, but I assume its the same process. You'll need a writer, which I believe are sold on the chinese equivalent of Ebay (dhgate), you'll need a board from one of those flashcart sites and then you'll need a shell (also sold on dhgate frequently).

It's a lot easier to just buy a flashcart and put ROMs on an SD, though. But I get the appeal of having a pretty cart with a label and everything.

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2023
    I know more about GB/C bootlegging than GBA, but I assume its the same process. You'll need a writer, which I believe are sold on the chinese equivalent of Ebay (dhgate), you'll need a board from one of those flashcart sites and then you'll need a shell (also sold on dhgate frequently).

It's a lot easier to just buy a flashcart and put ROMs on an SD, though. But I get the appeal of having a pretty cart with a label and everything.

Could you give me some links? I can find the shells but not the boards or writers.

PiaCRT

Orange Dev
    Years
    Unfortunately no, they appear periodically but I suggest you ask on GBATemp forums as I'm sure they could help you much better than I could, someone there might even be willing to sell you one.

Back