• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Frown! :(

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    ITT: When you're either taking a picture of yourself or getting a picture taken by someone else, do you frown, make a funny face or hide from the camera? This question was inspired by the post your pictures discussion thread, which got me wondering.

So yeah are you afraid of cameras?

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Yay frown. I don't technically frown but make a neutral like face when picture of me are getting taken, if not secretly :o. But my mouth is usually in a frown constantly anyway :D.

Years
    Unless I am drinking, I care not for cameras. I normally avoid them and I am normally the one taking the pictures, being a photographer.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    I don't like having my picture taken because it always turns out bad in my opinion. :<
    I use to like having my photo taken when I was smaller though, but now I'm afraid of cameras unless I'm taking pics of my cats ;D

Soari

Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 26, 2015
    I tend to make a smile when someone is taking a picture of me even though I hate having my picture taken just because I don't like the way I look, but If I'm fiddling around taking my own pictures, I do whatever facial expression I feel like.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    I don't really mind being in pictures. I don't go out of my way to make a face or smile, but I don't frown either. I just don't change my expression, usually.

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    I don't like having my photograph taken at all unless it's by a close family member, in which case I am indifferent and just smile to keep them happy. Only reason why is I can at least trust family members to keep my photo nowhere else but on their wall or camera.

A complete stranger, however, could do anything with it - including but not limited to using it against me.

You won't find my face on the internet and if you do, it was against my will and by someone else without me knowing. I avoid such things happening if I can. As far as I'm aware nobody's done it yet.

Hiiragi

(׬×)
    Years
    I never smile when someone makes a picture of me, because if I do I ruin the picture...:(

Sero

私はセクシーです
    Years
    I dont frown when I take a picture but I do have to force myself to smile. And it's always fake.

Years
    I don't like getting my picture taken. :<
    I dunno...I just don't. xD
    Plus, I'm not at all photogenic, I'd rather be the person behind the camera. x3

Cloche

エスパーレディ
    Years
    I tend to go for that "Depressed Angsty Supermodel" Look. I dunno why.
    I have this pre-conceived idea in my head that I look prettier when I'm not smiling. *shrugs*

helix

tea-binger.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 21, 2016
    Either I smile like I mean it, or I duck my head away and out of sight. : D;;

Numbers

Say my name
    Years
    I usually smile if someone's taking a picture. Except if some random guy takes a picture of me in a restaurant... It happened and was well creepy.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    I dont like having my picture randomly taken...I dont know quite why. x3

Still, I can tolerate it if I'm in a good mood and dont feel too self-concious or upset at that moment.
    (it's odd...but I dont like being photographed in a bad mood at all.)

It's not a trust issue, just one of my personality quirks. XD

If you look online, you'll notice that I usually make pictures of myself online hard to find. I have a few pseudonyms so you'd have to really know me well online or IRL to find me...and even then I only leave tiny pointers.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I usually turn away. I'm just a private person, don't want to be subject to conversations or my image being spread about or whatever. I am only willing to be photographed for official purposes, like for my passport, driving licence, possibly ID cards, which of course one is not allowed to smile for anyway.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I usually don't care as long as it isn't embarrasing or anything. It really annoys me when someone like hides just because someone is trying to take a picture.. Wouldn't it be easier to take a picture than to take 5 minutes trying to find a place to hide? :P

Back