• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen FRUSTRATED help please

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2009
    Ok I am playing my Crystal version and I have a Lv. 45 Eevee and it won't evolve. It's daylight and I want to take advantage of it because I prefer Espeon over Umbreon. Umbreon is not offensive enough worth keeping. Espeon has awesome SpAtk which is why I am adamant on trying to get one. I have given Eevee vitamins, gave it an item to hold, haircuts, leveled it up and everything why won't it evolve?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Do you not give it hair cuts?

Mine evolved on level 38 with hair cuts everyday. But sometimes I would just turn on the game jsut for the hair cut...and not play until the next day.

I'm sure he/she's close to evolving. ^^

Pikasaur

Retro Gamer
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2023
    Eevee evolves with max happiness, so you should travel,battle, and give it haircuts and anything else you can think of to make it happy until it evolves into Espeon.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    On top of haircuts and stuff, what not to give it would be the bitter herb medicines the old lady sells. You just have to use Eevee a lot for a good time, really.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2015
    It could potentially evolve at level 6 if you try hard enough. I just kept one in my party while hatching eggs, and gave it haircuts/vitamins. Hatching eggs with them is a good happiness booster, as walking increases happiness

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
    Rare candies can make your Eevee a bit happier. Also keep him first in your party. It also depends on how you train him. If you use experience share, the Eevee won't be as happy. He has to fight every individual match on his own without fainting or switching out. Healing him with items will also increase his chances of being happy. Don't switch out as often.

Goldie

Trainer from the Boonies
    Years
    The happiness level of the Eevee needs to be 225 points. For every 520 steps you take with the Pokemon in your party, it will gain 1 point. For every status-increasing item you use on it (like Protein), 2 more points. For every level gained by the Pokemon, plus 3 or 5 points. Every time Blue's sister grooms the Pokemon, plus 3 points. The Hair Cut Brothers, located in the Goldenrod Underground, can also increase your Pokemon's happiness stat. How much it increases depends on the saying you get after the grooming is finished. Here is a list of how much the happiness status is increased by each brother.
    For The Older Brother ($500)
    If it says "looks a little happier": +1 point
    If it says "looks happy": +3 points
    If it says "looks delighted": +5 points
    For The Younger Brother ($300)
    If it says "look a little happier": +1 point
    If it says "looks happy": +3 points
    If it says "looks delighted": +10 points
    The happiness stat can also be decreased. The following things decrease the happiness stat.
    If the Pokemon faints: -1 point
    If Heal Powder is used on the Pokemon: -5 points
    If Energy Powder is used on the Pokemon: -5 points
    If Energy Root is used on the Pokemon: -10 points
    If Revival Herb is used on the Pokemon: -10 points
    Also, the following do not affect the happiness stat of a Pokemon either way:
    If the Pokemon is holding items
    If the Pokemon wins any battle
    If the Pokemon HP falls to critical (not fainting)
    If the Pokemon is put in the PC
    If the Pokemon is poisoned, stunned, confused, burned, frozen, or asleep

I hope I helped.

Tsurai

Pokemon under the moonlight
    Years
    Goldie actually gave very good and sound advice. If you do it the way Goldie has instructed, and get your eevee's hair cut every day, walk with it, and groom it. It should evolve around level 36-40. (All of mines evolved like this reguarly, or sometimes a bit earlier, supposing I did a good job raising it. When it gets to level 35, you should pay attention to the time, or you'll end up with an espeon when you want an umbreon, and vice versa. Hope this helps, but probably not much, sorry ^^;

Back