• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Frustrating Things in FR/LG

Ochigi

Epic Bi Dude
Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    Pokemon League.It pisses me off..Especially with lance & Agatha...But,For agatha take an eevee.its moves dont do anything to eevee(ghosts specifically)

MizuJosh

Graceful Water Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2010
    I have no vices with LeafGreen and FireRed. They are essentially the originals, minus the glitches, plus bonuses. However, I wish Bite was a Normal type move again. I loved my Wartortle with Normal-typed Bite. >.<

I love the games so much.

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2010
    i hate misty and his damn starmie

:cer_eek:

How when legendary dog hunting, you need to scroll all the way to the bottom of the Pokedex to get to its entry, and when you close the menu, you need to do it all over again instead of Suicune already being highlighted in the Pokedex when you open it...
    Drove me mental.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2010
    Elite 4 for me.
    I haven't played in a while but I (think) my team was:
    Charizard (lvl 100) MewTwo (lvl 90 something), Ditto.. That's all I can remember.. Blastoise was an arsehole lol
    I'm gonna search for my Leaf Green game soon :)

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
  • I have no personal gripe. If you utilize the V.S. Seeker, the Elite 4 are nothing. The only annoyance to me is the Legendary Dogs thing...I want my Suicune ;-;

Machop

Supreme ruler of the universe
    Years
  • The most annoying thing I find about FR/LG is the fact that you can't run indoors.
    I totally agree.

Oh, and after I finally managed to get out of Rock Tunnel with 5 fainted pokemon and the remaining one at like 1 HP with no PP left I got challenged by a trainer >.<

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2010
    I got frustrated in the intro in which Prof. Oak is telling us about Pokemon.I tried many things to let it pass fast but it won't do any good.

xxashxx

Gotta Catch Em All
    Years
  • Can't believe no one has said this earlier but mine was the fact that Soda Pop & Lemonade didn't work on the guard to Saffron City. I spent ages trying to find out why he wasn't taking it. Who knew after ten years he had developed a taste for tea.

That and the aboved mentioned gripe about the legendary dogs which I still havent got yet.

Yeah it took me awhile to figure that out too but it only took me 2-3 days though.:)

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    Victory Road is my least favorite part of the game. >_> It's bearable, but I hate having to traverse it.

Rock Tunnel was also annoying, especially if you didn't have flash, though that was a much bigger problem in the first gen..

Years
  • Yeah, the catching the Johto Pokemon part bugs me. And I never got my Suicune, either. Although, the fact you can't catch all three in one game like you could in G/S/C is particularly irritating.

Years
  • The National Dex, mostly. I would have loved to have been able to play through either FR/LG or RSE with Pokémon from either generation, but they just had to spoil my fun with that little addition. :(

And the absence of the Mew and Missingno glitches.

FalconsDrummer

Why yes, I have an Octillery.
    Years
  • It's been a while since I played all the way through one, and I usually don't have much trouble with them. However, I do remember having an extremely difficult time with the "rematch" with the Elite Four in LeafGreen once. I'm not sure that I ever got all the way through it that time before I gave up.

SuperShuckle94

Shuckology 213
    Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2011
    Listed from least annoying, to most annoying.

5. No WaterBlue- Now, I know this one seems a bit stupid, but I heard that they had trademarked the name and nearly wet myself. Maybe it was a lie, a rumor, but I would have kept the box if it had Blastoise on it. And the manual. And maybe even the plastic wrapping. I'm biased I guess, I like the other two, but I ADORE Blastoise. XD

4. Removal of MissingNo- I'm awkward. I feel as if MissingNo, rather than being shunned for being a glitched pokemon, should be salvaged and remade into a real pokemon. This was the perfect opportunity.

3. No go for Johto- Please excuse the stupid rhyme, but it seems that with this being made after G/S/C that we might get Johto. We didn't. Instead, we got the Sevii islands. Now, the Sevii islands aren't too bad, but it's no secondary region.

2. No second challenge- Nope. Nothin'. You can't even challenge the leaders again. This makes the point of my next one.

1. TRADE BLOCK- You have to beat the Elite four, have a certain amount of Pokemon and get both the Ruby and the Sapphire to Celio in order to trade in pokemon not originally in the game. Why is this a bad thing? You'd understand if your favorite pokemon wasn't from Kanto. After you've finished the requirements in order to trade, there's absolutely no story left, which means all that's left for your prized pokemon is senseless grinding. That's it. Grinding. At least Emerald attempted to remedy this with the Battle frontier.

Years
  • The eternity it takes to get past the tutorial text stuff of the controls and Professor Oak was annoying. A skip button would have been great.

Lt. Surge battle sucked.

Adri-chan

What the fruit?
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 28, 2012
    Trying to catch Mewtwo without a Master Ball was the absolute worst.

Back