• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

+++FUDGYS TILES+++

fudgy

so i herd you liek mudkipz?
Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2010
    Oh that's okay. It looks better! P.S. what is bcaoh?
    its "beach" ya it didnt show up right, it was too small :( oh well lol.

EDIT: i need a new project i almost finished this tileset, so i need teh new project :( aww

any suggestoins (will not do fakemon,or any lame isometric stuff)

Last edited:

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • Hm...Try to make just a regular tileset, like tileset 1 on Fire Red just custom. Maybe try a battle background. Maybe try a desert tileset. Maybe try Battle HP bars and such. IDK it's up to you.

fudgy

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2010
    Hm...Try to make just a regular tileset, like tileset 1 on Fire Red just custom. Maybe try a battle background. Maybe try a desert tileset. Maybe try Battle HP bars and such. IDK it's up to you.

oh ya i did the battle bars for my game a long time ago
    they look good but im just too lazy to upload :(

ill make a desert tileset, a normal tileset (city/town) and that will complete my tileset for my whole game :P

fudgy

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2010
    just added a new version of a stair and a dratini image i pixeled.

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2010
    Your tiles seem to give the impression of hot-country villa sort of thing; the palm trees, vibrant grass and cold-looking buildings all suggest this, and I find this really cool. If you were to make an Egypt- or something like that-based hack or RMXP game, these would be a perfect choice.

Regardless, I do think the grass is a bit too vibrant. I mean, honestly, one of the variations is almost flourescent green, which is not a desired effect when tiling - there are meant to be background, and blend in, and not stick out, as if it were in the foreground (which would be buildings, long grass and events).

Contradicting what I said about the light, hot-country sort of feel that your tiles have, the singposts seem like they belong on a gloomy, London backstreet or something. The base colour is far too dark, unfortunately. If I had to give a number rating, I'd give you a 7/10, but numbers don't really mean anything, now do they? :)

fudgy

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2010
    yeah ill try to add different pallets tomorrow, and probably more sets
    thanks for the comment

fudgy

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2010
    added a tree tile recolor, taken from spriters resource.

fudgy

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2010
    added quilava, and chikorita pixel

fudgy

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2010
    I think I've seen the palm trees in Zelda and the big tree in Pokemon D/P/Pt ;)

palm trees are custom, but the tree is a recolor i think i said that above

added a cyndaquil pixel to original post

Last edited:
    Back