• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood

. R e ð e m p † i o n

•You got a piece of meh!•
Years
  • Strangely enough, it was a bit manga based which kept it very enjoyable. The introduction was action-packed and I really, REALLY hope it would stay that way to the end.

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
    Years
  • It was a great first episode. I have yet to read the manga, but if its that jam packed, I cannot wait to find the time to read it xD

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • Wow, I wanted to make this thread after getting an email form madman about this. And gotta say I love the quality then the first series

https://www.madman.com.au/actions/video.do?method=view&videoId=1483
    Episode 1 subbed
    just for anyone who wants to watch a good quality online.
    https://www4.funimation.com/video/?page=video&v=1832

Watch out, their servers are under a lot of stress right now. The video just appeared at noon, so a lot of people are accessing it.

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
  • I watched the first episode subbed the day it came out. It was very good, but it was a bit difficult to follow after watching the first FMA series and then trying to basically watch it at the beginning again, only this time it's completely different. @3@;;

Surprisingly enough, not many people I know knew about it.

Oh, and one question; I know I haven't read very much of the manga, but I could've sworn that volume one starts out in the same place the first anime started out in. You know, the place with the priest in that small, desert-like town. Am I mistaken?

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    The first 28 episodes of the anime followed the manga, and they were great. But then it all started going downhill. The ending just sucked.

The manga is absolutely awesome though. I've read every chapter of it at least twice. The story's so much better, and there are great characters. (LING!!!) Plus the good guys actually defeat the bad guys. (Gasp!)

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • The first 28 episodes of the anime followed the manga, and they were great. But then it all started going downhill. The ending just sucked.

Now, now. I wouldn't say that it all sucked. Barring the movie, the last episode was a pretty good ending. Plus, I really liked how each of the Homunculi died.... I mean, turning a water being into Ethanol? That's just genius.

rosewisteria

~Cuteness is NOT a crime~
    Years
  • I also disagree with whoever said the second half of FMA sucked just because it didn't follow the manga. That's just being narrow-minded to the idea of anime original episodes...

I can't wait for the rest of FMA Brotherhood though! ^___________^

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • Watched the 2 episodes of the FMA and loving it.

"Don't you dare call me small..." HAHA! Romi Paku-sama is epic~!

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • Honestly I may end up likeing this more than the original. It actually stays true to the manga. Plus Yui sings the first theme song.^^

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2009
    Its pretty cool show i only saw a few episodes on Adult-Swim might be different to you all but o well.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • Some funny quotes in the anime.

Edward: "Don't you dare call me small..."
    Fuhrer: "Ha ha ha ha..."

Plus, I always laugh when I see Armstrong's cute pink sparkles.

Years
  • Fullmetal Alchemist is my favorite anime/manga haha.

So far this new series is good, I can't wait to see some awesome fights xD

Mihael

Tara X willow=OTP
    Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2012
    The first episode was a lame filler. x_x

I will miss the non-canon anime's wrath, but otherwise the manga is much better imho.

Years
  • I LOVE IT! 8D
    The beautiful animation...the amazing opening...and
    Spoiler:

I havn't read much of the manga myself, but I intend to. I do feel that its a tiny bit rushed, but meh. Now if only they would bring the 3rd PS2 game to the U.S....I would be a pleased FMA fanboy indeed.

Back