• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PBS] FULL updated Gen 1-8 PBS for pokemon.txt and pokemonforms.txt

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    what do the target codes for the moves mean? i looked up what they were but all i could find was for strings, not for number codes

This PBS set is only compatible with Essentials v17. The target codes started using strings in v18 or v19. If your game is in v19, I suggest that you check out this resource: (broken link removed)

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2021
    This PBS set is only compatible with Essentials v17. The target codes started using strings in v18 or v19. If your game is in v19, I suggest that you check out this resource: (broken link removed)

im not modding a game or smt, im trying to code my own recreation of the battle system. something like pokemon showdown, but to do that I need a dictionary of all the moves, pokemon, and items, so i was using your files to do that, but I couldn't figure out what the codes meant,

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    im not modding a game or smt, im trying to code my own recreation of the battle system. something like pokemon showdown, but to do that I need a dictionary of all the moves, pokemon, and items, so i was using your files to do that, but I couldn't figure out what the codes meant,

Ok, here's the Essentials docs page from v17 which will have descriptions that are in the same format as this moves.txt:
    https://essentialsdocs.fandom.com/wiki/Defining_a_move?oldid=448

And here are the target codes in case you're just looking for these:
    00 - Single Pokémon other than the user
    01 - No target (i.e. Counter, Metal Burst, Mirror Coat, Curse)
    02 - Single opposing Pokémon selected at random (i.e. Outrage, Petal Dance, Thrash, Uproar)
    04 - All opposing Pokémon
    08 - All Pokémon other than the user
    10 - User
    20 - Both sides (e.g. Sunny Day, Trick Room)
    40 - User's side (e.g. Light Screen, Mist)
    80 - Opposing side (i.e. Spikes, Toxic Spikes, Stealth Rocks)
    100 - User's partner (i.e. Helping Hand)
    200 - Single Pokémon on user's side (i.e. Acupressure)
    400 - Single opposing Pokémon (i.e. Me First)
    800 - Single opposing Pokémon directly opposite of user

Back