• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Future Typing Possibilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberChomp

Tyrant Of The Sand
    Years
    So, I've been thinking. Every generation of pokemon, a few new double typing combonations are produced. For example. Bug/Fighting = Heracross, Bug/Ghost = Shedinja. Yet, GameFreak has yet to introduce every possible typing combonation, there are still a good amount of combonations yet to be debuted. I want to know what combonations you would like to see in the fifth generation. I for one would like to see the following typing combos in the near future:

-Electric/Dark
    -Dragon/Psychic
    -Dragon/Poison

If you mix and match the current types.....

-Fire
    -Water
    -Grass
    -Electric
    -Rock
    -Ground
    -Psychic
    -Ghost
    -Dark
    -Dragon
    -Bug
    -Poison
    -Steel
    -Flying
    -Fighting
    -Normal
    -Ice

You will get a vast amount of possible typing combonations, some that have already been done, and some that have not. I want to know which combonations you are interested seeing in the near future. Details in the pokemon who would carry the typing would be nice also.

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
    Dragon/Psychic = Latias/Latios

Anyway, this topic was already done but I think it's old enough by now.

More Ice combos, more Dragon combos, and more Ghost combos.

And as much as people are split on this, Fire/Water needs to happen. Hydrothermal vents, underwater volcanoes...plenty of stuff to make it sensible.

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
    Bug/Dragon, Dark/Dragon, Ice/Dragon, etc...
    Mainly different Dragon mixes.

The next trio of Legendaries; the Legendary Dragon Trio:
    Fire/Dragon
    Ice/Dragon
    Electric/Dragon

Anyway, probably Electric/Dark, with my initial perception of Luxray being Electric/Dark, before I got to know much about it. Also don't think it has been done yet; a Dark/Psychic would be an interesting combination, I think.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    I would really like to see a Fire/Psychic-type Pokémon.
    I mean, who seriously wouldn't at least consider such a powerhouse like that for their team?
    (A Pokémon with the control over pyrokinesis? It would definitely go on my team.)

You know, a Fire/Electric-type Pokémon would be quite interesting to see as well. Most electrical devices do tend to combust when something goes awry, it just seems natural to epitomize this occurance in Pokémon form. Then again, you would have that serious weakness to both Ground and Rock-type Pokémon to contend with.

Last edited:

Lord Yawgmoth

Lord of all Phyrexia
    Years
    Fire/Dragon
    Ice/Dragon
    Electric/Dragon

Anyway, probably Electric/Dark, with my initial perception of Luxray being Electric/Dark, before I got to know much about it. Also don't think it has been done yet; a Dark/Psychic would be an interesting combination, I think.
    Really?
    That's awesome!
    (And rather cliche...)

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
    ^^It wasn't confirmed or anything, she's just giving an example of what it could be. :P

(And it's a great idea, I hope they do it and come up with awesome stories for them.)

Fire/Psychic does sound awesome, it would be amazing to see it in a contest in the anime!

Bug/Ground seems like something they can do plenty with (desert spider, etc.)

Fighting/Flying could be interesting. (It's the only Flying combo they haven't done, excluding pure flying type, which they also need.)

Ice/Rock could easily happen too.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    Psychic/Electric! <3 Do you realize how amazing it'd be to have a Pokémon that could control the electricity through telekinesis and all? It'd be so amazingly amazing to have, and pretty awesome to watch in the anime (I might actually get around to watching it again if they had one like this :x) and... yeah, I just love that general thought train :>

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Fire/Poison, Electric/Poison, Ice/Poison/ and Steel/Poison. They just sound great but have ground weakness something fierce.

Walrein

Banned
    Years
    Fire/Dragon
    Ice/Dragon
    Electric/Dragon

You really know how to read my thoughts, aren't you? Besides, it's sbout time we'll have a X1/4 resistiance to Electric. All should have Levitate, just like Lati@s and Flygon.
    Besides that, yes, a Dark/Psychic wizard pokemon. An Ice/Electric Levitating storm cloud pokemon would be great. A Normal/Ice arctic rabbit is something I was think about ever since advance, even thought I'm not sure how good it will be in battles. Posion/Dragon would be great, expecially with Levitate. An Ice/Fighting polar bear as well.

Last edited:

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
    fire/ghost, ice/electric, and electric/flying would be interesting

Zapdos is Electric/Flying.

I don't know if Serebii has done anything about confirming this or not, but the new Rotom formes...do they change type? Like, Rotom is Electric/Ghost. The new formes all have unique moves for that type, but do they actually become Grass/Ghost, Fire/Ghost, Water/Ghost, Ice/Ghost, and Flying/Ghost?

UberChomp

Tyrant Of The Sand
    Years
    Zapdos is Electric/Flying.

I don't know if Serebii has done anything about confirming this or not, but the new Rotom formes...do they change type? Like, Rotom is Electric/Ghost. The new formes all have unique moves for that type, but do they actually become Grass/Ghost, Fire/Ghost, Water/Ghost, Ice/Ghost, and Flying/Ghost?

I'm pretty sure that's true, but I'm not sure if serebii has confirmed it yet.

I think there's already an Ice/Ghost (or dark). Frosslass.

Frosslass is Ice/Ghost.

Lord Yawgmoth

Lord of all Phyrexia
    Years
    Cut Form is by far the coolest Rotom. XD
    Rotom's original form is considered a form; it's the Electric one, silly.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back