• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen G/S/C Poke-Duo Challenge

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    I'm sorry to jump in like this. I just have to say, this is an incredible idea. I wish I got to participate, unfortunately I'll be unable. I'll be sure to root everyone on and subscribe to this thread to keep up to date with you guys. So, good luck. XD I'm betting that Jax takes the cake at the end. *shot* Again, great idea to have a fun, tough, challenge for the community, BB! G/S/C is probably one of the best gens to do this due to it having the lowest level rate up to the E4 and the fact it goes past 8 gyms. I think it'll get a whole lot tougher after the E4. ;D Have fun everyone. :D Hey, maybe I'll be able to join in future events as well.

Good luck~

*rated 5 stars*

Thank you for your encouragement BeachBoy :)! To tell you the truth, I was wondering why no Mods were signing up for these. I remember Blueberry and Smarties Chan signed up for a Monotype a few months ago, but other than that there really wasn't any others :/.

Heh, you guys and silly betting. I still don't know if there's going to be a prize or something... I have absolutely no ideas XD!

Once again, thanks and hope you enjoy reading all of the challenge logs.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to put this in the first post, but I want you to post your team in this format:

Nickname (Actual Species) L: (Level Number)
    -Move 1
    -Move 2
    -Move 3
    -Move 4

And continue like that with the other Pokemon you chose.

HM Pokemon should be like this:

(Name of Pokemon) L: (Level) (HM used)

This is how it would look for me.

Pyro (Cyndaquil) L: 9
    -Tackle
    -Leer
    -Smokescreen

Oddish L: 6 Cut; Pidgey L: 2 Fly

Last edited:

Atlas

Steam Soldier
    Years
  • Trainer Name: Atlas
    Version: Crystal
    Pokemon: Cyndaquil/Heracross

Took on the blackthorn gym, Heracross had 4 out of 147 hp when I battled Clair, used reversal to take out all of her Pokemon in one hit KOs. 200 base power, woot!
    I cannot wait for Mega Horn. 150 base power, and bug type... Hehe, the first two members of the elite 4 are going to be a piece of cake. Hopefully I will have a good set for reversal when I get to Bruno's onix...

Hercules Heracross L:45
    -Headbutt
    -Counter
    -Reversal
    -Take Down

Tempest Typhlosion L:45
    -Flame Wheel
    -Swift
    -Headbutt
    -Ember

MARILL L:14 Surf; Whirlpool; Waterfall
    HERACROSS L:10 Cut; Strength
    FARFETCH'D L:16 Fly
    ODDISH L:7 Cut; Flash

EDIT: Aerodactyl is a pretty good brick wall against me... Anyone have any ideas for me?

Last edited:

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • I haven't updated in so long...

Repete wiped out the Sprout Tower and Violet Gym. After receiving the Togepi egg, I caught a Bellsprout to serve as a HM slave. When I entered Rock Tunnel, Repete was at level 20.
    Took care of the Slowpoke Well with ease. I then left the Azalea Gym with a new badge and a bunch of roasted bugs...
    Owned Kyle in a battle. Even Croconaw couldn't do anything against Repete, who is now at level 23.
    After getting Headbutt, I went back through Ilex Forest to Azalea and Caught an Aipom, who I name- you guessed it- Pete! So now I have Pete and Repete. Pete needs training. Who covers him? Answer: Repete! Okay, So now I have.... you get the joke by now!

Pokemon:
    Repete(Quilava) Lvl 23
    Ember
    Quick Attack
    Mud-Slap
    Headbutt

Pete(Aipom) Lvl 11
    Scratch
    Tail-Whp
    Sand-Attack

Slaves:
    Bellsprout Lvl 7: Cut, Flash

Atlas

Steam Soldier
    Years
  • You could teach Typhlosion or Hera(if he can learn it or if you have space) Thunderpunch. =)

BTW, interesting challenge you've got here.
    I tried to teach them it when I still had a Quilava, they couldn't learn it then... But Typhlosion may be able to learn it now that he has evolved...
    Cool, it works now, Thank you

EDIT: 1 hit KO's of both Gyarados and Aerodactly are now easy!

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    -cries- I'm only at the beginning... curse you Atlas! Halo is just so addicting!

Oh, and to those who came across this thread and weren't sure of sign-ups, they are still going on. The max for this challenge is 78, and I don't think this will be full any time soon. :)

Atlas

Steam Soldier
    Years
  • Hey, I am rushing through the game as fast as I can. I pretty much remember an entire walkthrough of the game from when I had the cartridge. Also, I normally spend a lot more time training other Pokemon, catching and evolving them.

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    Do you think you can beat Red with two Pokemon that are rush-trained though? I'm not trying to sound mean or anything, just wondering.

Your levels are what, 50ish? That's probably better than I could do speed-training. XD!

EDIT: HOLY S***!!! I totally forgot Cyndaquils evolve at 14 =DDD!!!

With that in mind, I guess I should update.

-Went to Mr. Pokemon's house. Was REALLY lucky that he healed Pyro, since he was poisoned by a Weedle on my way there :(.
    -Defeated Rival; Later named him Khan. (Yes, so I can shout KHAAANNN!!!!!111one!)
    -Trained Pyro to 14 before stepping a PIXEL into Violet City. Yes, I am OCD that way -.-
    -I'm on my way to burn through Sprout Tower & Falkner!
    ~Break~
    -Yup, easily Burned through Sprout Tower and obtained Flash... although I can't recall a single time you use it in Silver :/.
    -Went directly from Sprout Tower to the Gym, no healing.
    -With my 8 PP of Ember, I easily OHKO'd the trainers AND Falkner without breaking a sweat :D!
    -Obtained the Zephyrbadge and TM 31 Mudslap.
    -On my way to Union Cave, I caught a Mareep but forgot to give it a nickname. So I had to release it and catch another. Lucky for me, it came up pretty quick.
    -Named Mareep Electro.

Team:
    Pyro (Quilava) L: 18
    -Tackle
    -Leer
    -Smokescreen
    -Ember (<333)

Electro (Mareep) L: 9
    -Tackle
    -Growl
    -Thundershock

Last edited:

Atlas

Steam Soldier
    Years
  • Do you think you can beat Red with two Pokemon that are rush-trained though? I'm not trying to sound mean or anything, just wondering.

Your levels are what, 50ish? That's probably better than I could do speed-training. XD!

EDIT: HOLY S***!!! I totally forgot Cyndaquils evolve at 14 =DDD!!!

With that in mind, I guess I should update.

-Went to Mr. Pokemon's house. Was REALLY lucky that he healed Pyro, since he was poisoned by a Weedle on my way there :(.
    -Defeated Rival; Later named him Khan. (Yes, so I can shout KHAAANNN!!!!!111one!)
    -Trained Pyro to 14 before stepping a PIXEL into Violet City. Yes, I am OCD that way -.-
    -I'm on my way to burn through Sprout Tower & Falkner!

Team:
    Pyro (Quilava) L: 14
    -Tackle
    -Leer
    -Smokescreen
    -Ember (<333)
    Almost 60...
    I fight every trainer I come across. I have still got about 4 more Kanto badges to go. I should be about in the 80's when I get to Red. With my recent addition of thunderpunch on my Typhlosion, I shouldn't have too much of a problem with red.

The only problem I have had with him in the past is his snorlax, and I have the perfect counter to that with Heracross.

PikachuG/S/C Poke-Duo Challenge EspeonG/S/C Poke-Duo Challenge SnorlaxG/S/C Poke-Duo Challenge VenusaurG/S/C Poke-Duo Challenge CharizardG/S/C Poke-Duo Challenge Blastoise

Brute force Pickachu, Megahorn on Espeon, Reversal for Snorlax, Flamethrower for Venasaur, Thunderpunch for Charizard and Blastoise.

G/S/C Poke-Duo Challenge

.Bastion

O a t h k e e p e r
    Years
  • Log #2

G/S/C Poke-Duo Challenge

G/S/C Poke-Duo Challenge

Current level: 18
    ~ Scratch
    ~ Leer
    ~ Rage
    ~ Water Gun

• Named Rival Trainer 'Silver' by default.
    • Conquered Sprout Tower. Totodile grew to level fourteen. Obtained Flash
    • Beat Falkner. Obtained Zephyr Badge and TM for Mudslap
    • Arrived in Azalea Town
    • Routed the Slowpoke Well
    • Totodile evolved into Croconaw
    • Defeated Bugsy. Obtained Hivebadge

Goals

• Catch Heracross

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • OMG It took me 2 hours to get Aipom up 14 levels! What's up with that?

Probably all the side missions I did in between...

Anyways...
    I made it to Goldenrod, beefed up Aipom's moveset, and compelted the Goldenrod Guard sidequest. Once I get back to Goldenrod, it's time to crush the Goldenrod Gym.

Pokemon:
    Repete(Quilava)
    Mud-Slap
    Headbutt
    Ember
    Quick Attack

Pete(Aipom)
    Ice Punch
    Fury Swipes
    Thunderpunch
    Swift

Slaves:
    Bellsprout lvl 7: Cut, Flash

Years
  • Yay! My first update!

Well, I started a new game, chose the male character and named him Ken. I chose Cyndaquil as my starter, and named him Blaze. I had to go to Mr. Pokemon's house and raised Blaze along the way. I battled ???, won and later named him Zach. I started my journey to Violet City, picked up some items and berries along the way. I found a level 5 Bellsprout and named him Venus. I decided to raise both of them to level 10 (Training Venus on Poliwags is fun.). As I ascended Sprout Tower, Blaze evolved into Quilava. I breezed through the tower, beat the elder and got HM05 Flash (What an accomplishment.) I also breezed through Falkner and his friends.

So far, I got the Zephyr badge, the Mystery Egg (Just so I can get Miracle Seed.)
    Saved in front of Route 32 PC.

My Party of two:
    Blaze(Quilava)@Berry Lvl 17
    Tackle
    Leer
    Smokescreen
    Ember

Venus(Bellsprout)@Miracle Seed Lvl 14
    Vine Whip
    Growth
    Wrap
    ---

I'll continue tomorrow.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2015
    Update 4:

Decided I needed to train alot more before beating Chuck, so I headed to the Ice dude instead and did the Lake of Rage stuffs.
    When turning off the Machinge, Mufasa finally evolved into Typhlosion.
    Decided to take on the one ice gym before the fighting one (I have no clue if it's meant to be first or not).
    Beat Pryce easily.
    Beat Chuck with Relative Ease (His Poliwrath hypnosis'ed Useless, then dynamic punch confused Useless in his sleep >.>).
    Went back to the route before violet city to catch Hoot-Hoot for fly/flash.
    Realized I hadn't gotten fly at cianwood, and biked all the way back for it.

Pokemon:
    Mufasa/Typhlosion Lvl: 37
    Flamewheel
    Quick Attack
    Ember
    Smokescreen

Useless/Gyarados Lvl: 35
    Dragon Rage
    Bite
    Tackle
    Twister

HM Slaves:
    Hoot-Hoot lvl: 5 Flash/Fly
    Sentret lvl 6 Suf/Cut
    Geodude Lvl: 10 Rock Smash/Strength

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • Trainer Name: Jax
    Version: Silver
    Pokemon: Cyndaquil/Sentret

So, I finally got off my rear and started the game this morning.

First thing I did was secure a female Cyndaquil. No, it really shouldn't matter what gender my starter is, but mostly, I did it out of a joke. (That might only be funny to me, but whatever.) Said Cyndaquil was named Mayumi, and she helped me up to Mr. Pokemon's and back, defeating my rival by spamming Tackles along the way. (I was very tempted to name him ???, but that's lame. And I did it in my last game, anyway. He's Silver instead.)

Next thing I did was secure a male Sentret, which took me a little while because, for some reason, my games love to make me search a patch of grass for ten minutes before I find a Pokemon I'm looking for. He got the name Masaki, and we were on our way.

Incidentally, yes. A female, red Pokemon named Mayumi and a male, brown Pokemon named Masaki. For those of you who know your Japanese names and get it now, a cookie to you. For the rest of you, just know that the fangirl in me is now cracking a smile every time I open my team list. (There's a further inside joke involving the name Masaki and Sentret, but only members of an RPG I used to run would get that one. So, never mind.)

I had Mayumi piggyback Masaki (and for those of you who have gotten the above are now probably further understanding the joke) until about level five, then proceeded to train both him and Mayumi up to level 14 (evolving Mayumi on the way) each before hitting Violet City's Gym. No, this wasn't necessary. Entirely. Well, it ended up being useful in any case...

...Because Pidgeotto wouldn't die. Seriously. Pidgey went down with a Quick Attack and a Tackle from Masaki. Pidgeotto had to take three Quick Attacks before the stupid thing finally died. By then, Masaki was a Furret (because of the other trainers), and luckily, he was still standing and in the green by the time he took Pidgeotto down. I didn't want to send Mayumi against Falkner at all because, frankly, I anticipated Mud-Slap. What I got was a Tackle from Pidgey and a few Gusts from Pidgeotto. WTF, Falkner. Zephyrbadge get!

So, after that, I headed south with the two, beating up trainers along the way. Taking down an Onix and a couple of Geodude from hikers from Violet to Azalea was interesting. And by interesting, I mean "blinking annoying." But, I still did it, healed up, and took on Team Rocket for the first time. I admit I wasn't particularly paying attention to this part because I was surfing deviantART simultaneously.

Anyway, after that and after a "thank you, here's a Lure Ball, get out" from Kurt, I hit Azalea Gym. Masaki took on the first two trainers by himself to level up once, and then Mayumi took care of the rest by spamming Ember.

Bugsy was therefore easy. Metapod and Kakuna went down in one hit. Scyther took one hit and got burned. I loled, then proceeded to finish him off with another Ember. He got in a Fury Attack and a Quick Attack before that point. Because Scyther was trying to be ninja. Just before Mayumi set him on fire. Again. Hivebadge get!

Currently sitting in Azalea Gym, and I'll head forth to Goldenrod... tomorrow!

Team

Mayumi (Quilava) L: 20
    - Tackle
    - Leer
    - Smokescreen
    - Ember

Masaki (Furret) L: 19
    - Tackle
    - Defense Curl
    - Fury Swipes
    - Quick Attack

Mysterious Egg (Doorstop) L: ???
    - No one really cares. Will stick this in a box when it hatches (because that's how I feel about Togepi anyway).

Atlas

Steam Soldier
    Years
  • Blue is finshed, but there isn't enough exp around to get me to the lv I thought I was going to be at... Time to grind the Elite Four.

Whoa..... Magmar in Mt. Silver... Unexpected and great...

Red was..... Weaker than I had expected... A single flamethrower to defeat Pikachu...
    I made sure that I pre-weakened Hercules... 13 HP is more than small enough to make Reversal have a base power of 200. Also, I forgot to switch in my fire type when I battled Venasaur, so I got leech seeded... Next battle was Charizard... Switched in Tempest, and gave him a thunderpunch. Then came Blastoise, who was able to weather a thunderpunch(Slightly odd that the water could survive and the fire couldn't, lol) and then killed Tempest with a surf. Hercules finished him off with reversal. Snorlax was easier than he has ever been, and it took only one reversal...(and like 10 sec for the bar to decrease to 0)
    G/S/C Poke-Duo Challenge

G/S/C Poke-Duo Challenge

G/S/C Poke-Duo Challenge

G/S/C Poke-Duo Challenge

G/S/C Poke-Duo Challenge

G/S/C Poke-Duo Challenge

Do I win?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2023
    What about Growlithe in Crystal? You can catch him right outside of Violet near the Sudowoodo.

Mattysaurus

Take it slow, braaah
    Years
  • Update 4:This is my funnest time so far in my journey.

I made my way through Route 37.
    When I got to EcruteakCity I went to the Burned Tower .
    I whooped my rival and set the trio free.
    I beat the Dancing theater and got Surf HM.
    I taught it to Croconaw.
    I went tothe gym and beat Morty.
    I GOT THE FOGBADGE.
    Healed and saved.
    Here's my team:
    Bubbles(Croconaw) Lv.26
    -Surf
    -IcePunch
    -Bite
    -Dig
    Fury(Furret) Lv.28
    -Headbutt
    -ShadowBall
    -ThunderPunch
    -Rollout
    Paras Lv. 6 (Flash, Cut, RockSmash)
    Kenya(Spearow) Lv.10 (Fly)

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2015
    Update Number 5 (I think):

I got fly (catching a Tentacruel on the way, so I can get whirlpool).
    Taught fly to Hoot-Hoot.
    Flew to Mahogany Town.
    Got through the Annoying Cave of Icyness.
    Taught Useless Icy Wind.
    Realized I forgot to save the Radio Tower. Flew to Goldenrod.
    Went out for lunch, will continue later.

Beat my Rival with Mufasa (Even Feraligator, though just barely)
    Got the Rainbow Wing.
    Beat Clair.
    Got the Dragon Fang.
    Got the Masterball from Elm.
    Headed to Victory Road.
    Realized I had forgotten to get Waterfall from the Ice Cave. Swore, and headed back.
    Swore again when I found out Tentacruel can't learn Waterfall. Overwit Useless' Hydro Pump for it. It's more of a dragony move anyways >.>
    Acidently taught Mufasa swift over Flame Wheel during rival battle, so I reset to just before the battle.
    Showed my rival who's boss.
    Healed up. Deposited my HM Slaves. And walked up the stairs.
    Beat Will.
    Beat Koga without a scratch.
    Lost twice to bruno.
    Torched Bruno on my 3rd try.
    Beat the freaky Dark Chick.
    Got Extremely lucky with Useless on Lance. He had a critical hit on I think every attack he used. His gyarados and Aerodactyl went down with a thunder punch each, then Mufasa also took out one dragonite thanks to a burn, while Useless Crit with Icy wind and waterfall on charizard.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT! I BEAT THE ELITE FOUR WITH ONLY 2 POKEMON!! I am happy.

Final Stats:
    Mufasa/Typhlosion Lvl: 51
    Flamewheel
    Swift
    Quick Attack
    Thunderpunch

Useless/Gyarados Lvl: 50
    Dragon Rage
    Icy Wind
    Bite
    Waterfall

Anyways...On to my Kanto Adventures:

Ran to Cherrygrove to get my HM slaves.
    Flew to Olivine.
    Beat all the trainers on board and found the old dude's daughter.
    Beat Lt. Surge with only 9 damage taken, and the dude next to snorlax said Gym leaders of Kanto were hard.
    Owned Sabrina.
    Burninated Erika.
    Went to Lavender town and in Dark Cave I caught a Kangaskahn. (For my dex)
    Went to the Power Plant.
    Went to Cerulean.
    Got the Machine Part, went back to the power station and gave it to the dude, then I went and found the Mimic Girl or Copycat or whatever the doll and got my Rail Pass.
    Then I went back to cerulean.
    Interupted Misty's date, and then showed her that Useless and Mufasa won the Pokemon League for a reason.
    Went to Lavender and got the EXPN Card.
    Went down Cycling Road to get to the Poison Gym Town (I'm drawing a blank right now).
    Showed Janine why she isn't worthy enough to lick the dirt off of my shoes.
    Got my butt kicked by the snorlax xD
    Got the silver wing.
    Useless uberly pwnified Brock. (I'm running out of phrases that means, I completely and utterly destroyed them).
    I terminated my Rival (???!) with extreme prejudice (I don't even know how that makes sense, but I got it from a book).
    Messed with Red's stuff in Pallet Town.
    Talked to Blue in Cinnabar.
    Dowsed Blaine's fire.
    Just plain beat Blue. Who happens to be the trainer most like me (based off of the series, pokemonwise).
    Now to train my pokemon a good 15 levels >.>
    Decided to redo the Elite Four.
    Did everyone up to lance with Mufasa.
    Decided to try Red with my pokemon in the lower 60's, managed to one-hit his pikachu with a flamethrower non-crit.
    Same with espeon, along with a bite, and a burn.
    Paralyzed Blastoise and managed to survive for another thunderpunch to finish him.
    But still lost to snorlax.
    Reset, and taught Mufasa Dynamic Punch. Took out snorlax in 3 turns.
    Thunderpunchified Charzard.
    And amazingly, Venasaur took in sunlight and 2 flamethrowers, meanwhile pikachu took one.

But, I beat red, which means I come in second.

Final Pokemon:

Mufasa/Typhlosion
    LvL: 65
    Flamethrower
    Quick Attack
    Dynamic Punch
    Thunderpunch

Useless/Gyarados
    LvL: 60
    Dragon Rage
    Bite
    Icy Wind
    Waterfall

HM Slaves:
    Sentret lvl 6: Surf and Cut
    Geodude lvl 10: Strength and Rock Smash
    Tentacruel lvl 20: Whirlpool
    Hoot-Hoot lvl 5: Flash and Fly

Woot. Now I'm gonna train my typhlosion up some more say, 80/90 and see if he can beat red single handley without potions.

Final Time 39:40 (But I sped up battles and stuff, so it would probably be more like 15.20 hours)
    Name: Derek
    Version: Gold
    Hall of Fame Records: All of the pokemon above did it twice. As to when I did it, I have no idea.

EDIT: I finally got 15 posts, here are a few pictures of my HoF.

G/S/C Poke-Duo Challenge
    G/S/C Poke-Duo Challenge
    G/S/C Poke-Duo Challenge
    G/S/C Poke-Duo Challenge
    G/S/C Poke-Duo Challenge
    G/S/C Poke-Duo Challenge

Last edited:

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • Update of the day!

Trainer Name: Jax
    Version: Silver
    Pokemon: Cyndaquil/Sentret

Working together, Mayumi torched Silver's Gastly, and Masaki Quick Attacked the rest. Silver moaned about me being weak (even though I totally owned his Pokemon) and headed up to Ilex Forest. I followed suit, taught Fury Cutter to Masaki (because I kept making everything I wanted to catch for an HM slave faint with everything else -- oops), caught a Paras, and proceeded to find Irresponsible Cutter's boss' Farfetch'd. Boss gave me Cut, kid gave me Charcoal (which I've given to Mayumi for tradition's sake), and I headed up north to Goldenrod City.

Aah, Goldenrod. How I love you. You're filled with all sorts of trinkets, and you're the reason why I wasted an hour before actually getting my third badge.

Wiped out all the girls by torching Clefairy and Quick Attacking Meowth. You have no idea how satisfied I felt right then.

Whitney was a bit tougher. I sent out Mayumi first, who torched Clefairy until she got burned. Clefairy used Metronome and missed with whatever she was trying to do, so Mayumi finished her off with another Ember. Then, Whitney sent out Miltank. It took several Embers before she finally got burned, and by then, Mayumi was in the red (because the blasted cow used Stomp, followed by Rollout). Mayumi Quick Attacked because I wanted to get in one last attack (because, all irony aside, a Miltank is faster than a small rodent on fire), and Mayumi succeeded in her misson to burn Miltank anyway. She fainted right after that from Rollout, and then, it was Masaki's turn. Masaki fought valliantly, absorbing Rollouts as he Quick Attacked away small bits of Miltank's HP. The burn really helped, what with reducing Miltank's attack and whittling away more HP so it looked like Masaki was actually doing decent damage to her. By the time she went down, Masaki was in the yellow.

One whiny Gym Leader later, and I got my badge. Plainbadge get!

So, I went off to Ecruteak, fighting every trainer along the way and capturing that Sudowoodo (as well as hatching Togepi, which was promptly shoved in a box with some sick satisfaction from yours truly). I healed up in Violet, so by the time I finally got to Ecruteak, Mayumi and Masaki had enough energy to take on the trainers of the Gym. So, without hesitation, I went and did it.

And then Masaki nearly got pwned by the first trainer. Because Fury Attack, even at full power, didn't do diddly squat to Gastly. *headdesk* Way to fail, Jax.

So, after giving Masaki a Super Potion, I opted to teach him Dig, just so I actually have a chance against Morty. This proved to be a better idea because it meant I actually did more than a tiny bit of damage to the ghosts in the Gym.

Before I hit Morty, I opted for side training by heading up to the Burned Tower to battle Silver again. Mayumi torched Haunter (who paralyzed her with Lick), Masaki Quick Attacked Croconaw a few times until he went down, and Mayumi handled the rest with Ember.

So, by then, it was healing time in Ecruteak's Pokemon Center. Which, for me, equals fangirl time. Yes, I'm lame.

After that side trip, I went back to Ecruteak Gym and challenged Morty. Mayumi went up first to torch Gastly, who responded with Curse while he had less than a quarter HP left. FAIL.

So, not wanting to risk Mayumi to Curse, I switched in Masaki. The first and second Haunter went down with a Dig each no problem. Gengar had to take two. But in the process, it attempted to use Hypnosis on Masaki... and missed. FAIL x2. Fogbadge get!

So, next stop is Cianwood, right after I pick up the Surf HM and try to figure out just how the hell I'll be getting there with only a Quilava and a Furret. (Hmm. Surfing Furret? Seems like Masaki's quickly becoming my TM/HM guinea pig.)

Team

Mayumi (Quilava) L: 27
    - Quick Attack
    - Tackle
    - Smokescreen
    - Ember

Masaki (Furret) L: 28
    - Dig
    - Fury Cutter
    - Slam
    - Quick Attack

HM Slaves