• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen G/S/C Poke-Duo Challenge

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    MY GOD I AM SO FAR BEHIND.

I just killed Whitney, so... :x That's practically my only update.
    I'm a bit worried I'm not going to be able to finish this (and/or finish last) because I think I'm like the only person here not using a VBA. And you guys have the speed option.. curses.

My back is killing me... but that's besides the point.

I'm not using VBA, just good Ol' Silver :). But... this might be the last time I can play it :'(...

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • I feel like I'm going slow cuz I'm doing so much other stuff, like helping my friend with a fanfic, writing my own fanfic, working on 2 other challenges... you get the picture.

Anyways...
    After getting Repete to level 40, I head to Mahogany Gym to kick some A**. Own pryce with Pete! First, I beat Seel easily with 1 Thunder punch, 2 thunder punches were needed for dewgong, then piloswine came out. Right now, Pete is at half health. I try Strenght, does about 20 percent. Piloswine hts with Blizzard, I'm down to 19 hp. A critical hit Shadow Ball brings down Piloswine, and I get another badge!
    Go to Rocket Hideout, neat up everybody, then save and shut off.

Pokemon:
    Repete(Typhlosion)- Level 43
    ThunderPunch
    FlameWheel
    Dig
    IronTail

Pete(Aipom)- Level 42
    Shadow Ball
    Strength
    Thunder Punch
    Ice Punch

HM SLAVES:
    Sudowoodo(lvl20)- Rock SMash
    Chinchou(lvl20)- Waterfall, Whirlpool, Surf
    Bellsprout(level7) Cut, Flash
    Pidgeotto(lvl16)- Fly

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    OK, once again, just started playing. Not that big of an update >(!

-Went back to New Bark
    -Got Masterball from Elm
    -Took my first steps into Kanto!!!
    -Fought through all of the trainers until the Gate into Victory Road
    -Stormed through Victory Road (Easy...)
    -Beat up Khan for the second-to-last time

Here's My Elite 4 Log :D!

Will:

Xatu, Xatu, and Slowbro all went down with a single Thunder Punch from Electro. Jynx fell to a Fire Punch and a Thundershock (stupid Psychic...). Exeggutor was down after a single Fire Punch.

Will - Defeated!

Koga:

Ariados easily fell to a single Flame Wheel, as did Forretress. Muk was a bit different. Flame Wheel did about 25 % damage, then Muk used Minimize -.-... I Thunder Punched him and was lucky enough to get a paralysis. Also, Toxic missed :)!!! I finished off with a Thunder Punch two turns later. I Critical Hit Crobat with a Thunder Punch, easy peasy :D! Finally, Venomoth was OHKO'd by Flame Wheel.

Koga- Defeated!!

Bruno:

Just before this battle, I gave Earthquake to Pyro to try and make this battle a lot less annoying >(!

Hitmontop was first up, and I led off with a Flame Wheel from Pyro, which didn't do much :/. Hitmontop then used Dig and I started to panic... but then I realized that EQ hits underground targets as well! Hitmontop fainted. Onix was up next and the first EQ didn't take him down -.-. He kicked up a Sandstorm... which is really annoying :/. Either way, Flame Wheel forced it back into its Poke Ball. After him was Machamp... probably the most annoying thing to kill! Lucky for me, on Electro's first Thunder Punch, it Paralyzed it! Yay!!! XD; Electro was left with 4 HP and... sadly... Bruno used a Max Potion. I should have too :(. Electro Fainted. I sent out Tentacool as coverage, and Revived Electro. Tenty was KO'd the next turn. Electro came back out and another Thunder Punch made the mean Machamp go away! Hitmonlee then came out... and actually connected with a Hi Jump Kick >(! It was knocked out after two Thunder Punches. Finally, Hitmonchan was up, and I switched out to Pyro. It used Mach Punch, I used Flame Wheel. Mach Punch, Flame Wheel, KO Hitmonchan.

Bruno - Defeated!!!

Karen:

Healed up a LOT and used my only PP Up on Earthquake before this one...

Umbreon led off, and this is probably the worst annoyer ever... :(. Sand Attack and Confuse Ray galore D:. I kept switching between Electro and an HM Slave. Eventually, it fell to Pyro's Quick Attack. Gengar then came out (with Pyro out) and EQ OHKO'd it with relative ease. Next was Murkrow and Thunder Punch knocked that pesky bird out of the sky. Vileplume reared its ugly face next... Electro played with fire... for the good of all man. Although it DID survive the Fire Punch, Thundershock KO'd it which left the final Pokemon. Houndoom. Not only is it creepy, it's level freaking 47! Nonetheless, an EQ KO'd it.

Karen - Defeated!

Lance:

It's all come down to this... so far. Me Vs Lance, who will come out on top?

The auto walk obviously wasn't working, so I had to walk up to his... pink platform? Srsly? Eh, whatever floats your boat Lancie... (His dialogue sounded like he was hitting on me D:!)

He began the battle with Gyarados, and I used Electro. Easy match-up non? T-P to the mouth and that's one down. Next up, one of his (illegal) level 47 Dragonites. Thunder Wave paralyzed it... and he used Thunder Wave right back at me D:! Next up, I used Full Heal, he used a Critical Hit Hyper Beam :(. 29 HP left... Once again, I had to heal. Next turn, I finally got a hit in! Thunder Wave also missed, yay! Hyper Beam wasn't Critical, so that's one Dragonite down. Of course, he sends out the other level 47 :(. Since I'm typing this as I'm battling... I stupidly used Fire Punch. His Thunder Wave missed the first time, and he was paralyzed the second! I resorted to using a Full restore to heal the status and health. Once again, Hyper Beam was used. One final Thunder Punch to the stomach and the second Dragonite was down. I don't know why, but Lance then sent out his final Dragonite. :/? It used safeguard... which nullified Thunder Wave D:! Outrage was next, and... it made me very mad >(! A Hyper Potion took care of that though. Outrage continued... twice... before I got another T-P in. Another Outrage and another Hyper Potion... ugh. A fifth outrage was the last move for Lance's dragons. T-P nailed it to the floor!! Since Electro only had 56 HP left, I switched out to the Spearow to heal. Flamethrower knocked out Kenya... big whoop. Next was Pyro >)!! Since EQ obviously doesn't work, I used my... 10th? T-P of the match. OHKO. That left only the Aerodactyl... which is probably, IMO, more annoying than all of the Dragonairs and Dragonites combined. T-P, Rock Slide, T-P, and I was the new Champion!!! (Winning Team Down Below)

Team:
    Pyro (Typhlosion) L: 52
    -Flame Wheel
    -Quick Attack
    -Thunder Punch
    -Earthquake

Electro (Ampharos) L: 52
    -Fire Punch
    -Thunder Punch
    -Thundershock
    -Thunder Wave

HM Slaves: Spearow L: 10 (Fly), Sudowoodo L: 20 (Strength), Tentacool L: 20 (Cut, Whirlpool), Goldeen L: 22 (Surf, Waterfall)

Now, it's Kanto time!

Last edited:

Atlas

Steam Soldier
    Years
  • Hehe, Illegal? No. I personally love pokemon who have evolved before they should. There were one or two of them wild in the first trio of games, namely Pidgeotto. It could be caught at like lv. 9 in the bug forest place.

I saw two of them quickly running through Kanto in my crystal game. A wild Furret at lv. 6. I wish they would throw something like that into the normal starting area. Then a wild Pidgeotto at lv. 7 in the patch of grass that would be the bug forest in the original. Also, Gyarados on lake of the rage. I am guessing there are many more, but I don't remember those.

Even though it always shows "Its not very effective!" to use electric moves on Dragonite, since I never stock ice type moves, I always use electricity on them. It should drop the text on them, as it did on the later games, because of its flying type weakness to electricity.

.Bastion

O a t h k e e p e r
    Years
  • I'm going to have to drop the challenge. D:

I've lost all motivation to play after not being able to find a Heracross in three days. D':

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    Cindyquil and Gastly. Are my entries ;)

(Pokemon Crystal by the way)

Cyndaquil and Gastly are both taken. I think Totodile and Gastly are free though.

I might give you your first choice, since HarryBlue5 hasn't updated in a while, but I'll just wait a bit longer.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • I feel so behind compared to all of the cyndaquil trainers... I haven't played since my last post. I'm still trying to throw Team Rocket outta Johto for good. Oh yeah... About catching evolved pokes at levels before they evolve... is good 4 u. In Gold,(not the game I'm usin for this challenge), I caught a level 10 Noctowl and never regretted it.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • Yay I FINALLY KICKED TEAM ROCKET OUT OF JOHTO!!! I then go to Ecruteak to try to catch Suicune. That's where I currently am- you try catching it with 6 Ultra Balls and a bunch of other weak balls.

Pokemon:
    REPETE: Typhlosion- Level 46
    Thunder Punch
    Dig
    Flame Wheel
    Iron Tail

PETE: Aipom- Lvl 45
    Ice Punch
    Thunder Punch
    Strength
    Shadow Ball

HM SLAVES:
    Bellsprout level 7- Cut, Flash
    Chinchou Level 20- Surf, Waterfall, Whirlpool
    Sudowoodo Level 20- Rock Smash
    Pidgeotto Level 16- Fly

J-Rad

In ur comp h4xing ur interwebz
    Years
  • UPDATE:
    Got starter
    pwned rival
    pwned sprout tower
    Vulcan evolved
    pwned 1st gym
    captured sanshrew
    taught sanshrew mudslap.

Mai team:
    G/S/C Poke-Duo Challenge

G/S/C Poke-Duo Challenge

other shctuff:
    G/S/C Poke-Duo Challenge
    G/S/C Poke-Duo Challenge

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • UPDATE

Player: Nick
    Badges:4
    Pokedex: 10
    Time: 5:25

Party:

Feraligatr Level 30
    -Surf
    -Bite
    -Headbutt
    -Watergun

Flaaffy Level 29,
    -Tackle
    -Swift
    -Thundershock
    -Thunderwave

HM Slaves:

Sandshrew L 8: Cut/Rock Smash/Strength
    Drowzee L 11: Flash
    Spearow L 14?: Fly

Violet City-->Azalea Town

Not much to tell here. Caught a level 6 Mareep, trained it to level 9, and trounced all the competition in my way. In Union Cave I found all available items, and taught Mareep Swift. By the time I exited the cave and defeated the final Hiker, my Totodile was level 16, and my Mareep level 15 (I decided to wait for Thunderwave).

Azalea Town

Defeated team rocket easily, only had to use 1 potion before the final battle, but other than that it was a breeze. And for my donated time both of my Pokemon were level 17. I took the gym in a single sweep and got my HIVEBADGE! Plus a level 18 Totodile, and level 19 Flaafy!

Azalea Town--> Goldenrod City

I beat my rival handily, and headed straight into the Forest. I used Repels the entire length, to avoid the pesky low level battles, and retrieved Headbutt, which I taught to Totodile. Outside of the forest I finally leveled Totodile up to 20 so it could learn Bite, and evolve into Croconaw. I went through the trainers south of Goldenrod before heading into the city proper with my level 21 Croconaw, and a level 20 Flaafy.

Goldenrod City

Challenged every single trainer in the vicinity (and got 2nd in the bug catching contest with a Pinsir) until I was ready to challenge Whitney, which I did with a level 24 Croconaw and level 25 Flaaffy. The Goldenrod Gym was incredibly easy, even though I had no type advantage, most of the Pokemon their went down after 1 or 2 attacks. The only Pokemon which gave me any trouble was Whitney's Miltank (I hate Rollout), but finally I won the PLAINBADGE! (With both Pokemon at level 26)

Goldenrod City--> Ecruteak City

Not much to say really... Grabbed the Spearow, and Rock Smash. Then battled the two trainers, leveling my Flaaffy to level 27... Then arrived in Ecruteak.

Ecruteak City

In Ecruteak I first healed up, then challenged the Kimono girls, leveling up both Pokemon one level, and getting the Surf HM. I then went into the Burned Tower, and easily beat my rival, leveling up my Croconaw yet again, now at level 28. Then challenged the few trainers in there, and some wild Pokemon, and levelled up Flaaffy. After this training I headed into the Gym, and beat all the trainers with little difficulty, even Morty was easy to beat. After defeating Morty's final Pokemon my Croconaw leveled up to level 30 and evolved into Feraligatr! I had won my FOGBADGE! (With a level 30 Feraligatr, and level 29 Flaaffy...)

Now I'm ready to head over to Olivine City!

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • I'm going to use a Gold ROM, and go at it with Totodile and Phapy, I'll update when I start :P

Started out, set the time, date, blah blah blah
    Got my Totodile, name it Osiris
    God, did anyone else noticed Hoothoot to be a major pain? All it does is spam growl at you *cusses profanity at inability to do anything*
    Look. a berry tree. A berry!! That's a nice, original name!!!
    Took the good old tour of Cherrygrove and got the map application on my Pokegear. (Nostalgic much?)
    You know, I think Nurse Joy had botox, did anyone else notice her lips are huge?
    I feel like Rudolph now, they don't want to include me in their Pokemon battle, we'll same to you!!
    OMG A Shiny Spinarak!! Guess what? I have no Pokeballs >.<
    G/S/C Poke-Duo Challenge

After killing 23 Level 4 Female Hoothoot's in a row (Not a joke), Got the Pokedex (Yay!)
    Traveled back through route 30, beat my rival, named him Jon, and returned the Pokemon egg
    Trudged to route 46, and after 30 minutes, found a Phanpy (God that was annoying!!)
    Saved up, and quit out.

G/S/C Poke-Duo Challenge
    G/S/C Poke-Duo Challenge

Last edited:

J-Rad

Years
  • major update:
    pwned Bugsy
    pwned Whitney (Miltank got really annoying)
    pwned Morty
    pwned Chuck
    pwned Jasmine
    pwned that old ice dude
    pwned my rival multiple times
    pwned Team Rocket multiple times
    captured some HM slaves
    Slasher evolved
    Vulcan evolved
    went through Tin Tower for some of the items
    went through Ice cave

Team:
    G/S/C Poke-Duo Challenge

G/S/C Poke-Duo Challenge

(How the heck can he learn iron tail is still something I don't know)

Slaves:
    G/S/C Poke-Duo Challenge

G/S/C Poke-Duo Challenge

G/S/C Poke-Duo Challenge

G/S/C Poke-Duo Challenge

-------------------------

G/S/C Poke-Duo Challenge
    G/S/C Poke-Duo Challenge

Last edited:

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • After a long, painful time, I finally caught Suicune. Sent it to Pc, then got the Rising Badge.
    Went to the Pokemon League while jumping my rival and taking his money. I then wiped out the Elite 4 without healing.
    Traveled to Kanto, then saved and shut off. Changed HM slave for surf,waterfall, and whirlpool to red gyarados.

Pokemon:

Repete-Typhlosion: Level 56
    Iron Tail
    Thunderpunch
    Fire Punch
    Earthquake

Pete-Aipom: Level 56
    Shadow Ball
    Strength
    ThunderPunch
    Ice punch

Slaves:
    Bellsprout lvl 7: Cut, FLash
    Pidgeotto Lvl 16: Fly
    Sudowoodo Lvl 20: Rock SMash
    Gyarados lvl 30: Waterfall, Surf, Whirlpool

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • where has everyone been on this thread?...

Anyways:
    After arriving in Kanto, I beat up Lt. Surge, then traveled to the Power PLant, got Zap Cannon, interrupted a date, then beat Misty. I then realized that I had forgotten to challenge Sabrina, then went and beat her. Then traveled to Fuchsia, and beat Janine.
    Currently on my way to Celadon, too lazy to try for Snorlax and Pewter City yet.

Team:
    Repete(Typhlosion)- Level 62
    Thunderpunch
    Iron Tail
    Earthquake
    Flamethrower

Pete(Aipom)- Level 62
    Thunderpunch
    Ice PUnch
    Shadow Ball
    Strength

Slaves:
    Sudowoodolvl20: ROcksmash
    Gyarados Lvl 30: Surf, Waterfall, Whilpool
    Bellsprout lvl 7: Cut, FlASH
    Pidgeotto lvl 16: Fly

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • No one has responded to this thread in like 5 dyas... Anyways, update time!
    Beat Celadon Gym
    Caught Snorlax
    Beat Brock
    Shut off in Viridian

Pokemon: All pokemon and HM slaves are the same as my last 2 posts, except Pete and Repete are both at level 66.

J-Rad

Years
  • Sorry about the lack of update I've been at Scout Camp anyway I have an update :)
    ----------
    After like 5 tries I finaly beat Claire
    Got Dragon Fang
    Got Badge from Claire and TM
    Got Master Ball
    Got TM for Sandstorm
    Owned a bunch of people
    Got Passed victory road
    Owned my rival at the end of victory road
    Got TM for Earthquake at victory road and used it on Slasher
    Destroyed the Elite Four on my First Try
    ----------
    Team:
    G/S/C Poke-Duo Challenge

G/S/C Poke-Duo Challenge

Slaves:
    G/S/C Poke-Duo Challenge

G/S/C Poke-Duo Challenge

G/S/C Poke-Duo Challenge

G/S/C Poke-Duo Challenge

(Now Whrilpool instead of Dragon Rage though
    -----------
    G/S/C Poke-Duo Challenge
    G/S/C Poke-Duo Challenge

EDIT:
    Played a bit more, beat Surge, Misty, Erika, Janine, and Sabrina tring to find a way to make that Snorlax blocking the Diglett tunnel to move, but I can't remember how to do it. Will add more pictures later...

Last edited:
    Back