• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

G/S Remake for Special? Should it happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taichi

The Keyblader of The Future
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2012
    Since the 2nd Gen remakes are confirmed, you think Pokemon Special should have a HG/SS arc with Gold, Silver, and Kris back?

Discuss.

Thundєr

Freelancer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2013
    I hope so, Crys is one of my fav characters, and her arc was brilliant. I think yes.

Fixen

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2018
    They better. I'm slightly annoyed at the DPP arc so far...mostly because I haven't played the game and really don't feel like it, and I also don't think it's got a good storyline coming.

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    I think there will be a HGSS arc in Pokemon Special, but it probably will not begin until next year when the Platinum arc reaches its climax.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2013
    I hope so. The arc was the best I´ve read so far. And Johto is my favourite of the Pokemon countries, too.

(Quite funny... Nintendo confirms that remake... today, I guess, and immediately such a discussion starts. xD)

pong08

Black & White... don't fail me
    Years
    I really hope that there's more character development in that arc.... and I just want it to become a more of a adventure/romance as the arcs continue.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    They will have an arc, as long as the HGSS has a sidequest that GSC doesn't.

Years
    i hope it does, i want to see the other 9 pokedex holders with some sinnoh pokemon. but there's got to be some radically new feature, not just another battle frontier, or its just a repaet of emerald arc.

Aine

♫ ✰ queen's ★ knight ✰ ♫
    Years
    Yes! That was one of my favorite arcs! Squee! Does that mean the original 10 will be showing up again? :D

Wallace Berlitz

I'm back for lucks and givin'
    Years
    Hmm... I don't really think the 10 will be back again in HeartGold and SoulSilver. I believe only half of them, not all 13. At least Kanto + Johto Pokedex Owners. Like FireRed and LeafGreen. They only have Kanto + Johto since they are not third installment of the games. A high chance that all the 13 Pokedex Owners will reunion in Platinum.

Clover Cat

Child of Gold and Crystal
    Years
    Well, out of all the Dex Holders, the Johto members have probably had the least amount of screen time (I mean, we never did find out what Gold has been doing these past several arcs), and then there's the deal with Giovanni. And I'm not sure that the Dex Holder's reunion will be in Platinum, since I suspect Miss Berlitz is trying to free the Sinnoh pokedex holders at this point. Oh, and I was rereading Emerald and found something interesting-there's a panel where Guile Hideout talks about how he's going to try to find the 'Sea Mirage Pokemon' after he takes over the battle frontier. Behind him, Manaphy appears as a sillouhete. That could be a possible plot. Then there's Pryce. I do so hope he'll be back :).

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    Well, out of all the Dex Holders, the Johto members have probably had the least amount of screen time (I mean, we never did find out what Gold has been doing these past several arcs), and then there's the deal with Giovanni.
    Yes the Pokemon Special writers do leave a lot of plotholes.

I think that the Pichu-Colored Pichu and the Notched-Ear Pichu will be featured in the HGSS arc of Pokemon Special since they were shown in the HGSS game screenshots, but this is all just speculations at this point.

And I'm not sure that the Dex Holder's reunion will be in Platinum, since I suspect Miss Berlitz is trying to free the Sinnoh pokedex holders at this point.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I hope it does, but at the same time, the HG/SS storyline will stay the same, so there'd be no point in re-telling the same storyline over again in the manga, obviously. >_> Although it would be cool if some of the characters at least made re-appearances, even for a short time.

Clover Cat

Child of Gold and Crystal
    Years
    @ Mika555: Considering how much attention those two Pichus are getting, that's a good chance. I'm still going with Manaphy, though.

Hmmm...I wonder which Dex Holders would appear? Gold, Crys, Silver, obviously...Maybe Ruby, although I hope the arc wouldn't follow the exact same lines as FR/LG did.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back