• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

G1NM: Crystal Part 3- Close Call in the Cave [Entry #3]

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 25, 2023
    250px-Crystal_EN_boxart.png

Hey, JaDe here! And welcome to Part 3 of Genwunner No More!

Part 2 ended with me earning the Zephyr Badge, allowing me to use Flash outside of battle. But who to teach Flash to... That will have to wait, as the moment I stepped outside of the Gym, Professor Elm calls me. And wouldn't you know, I get to take the egg that I had back in Part 1.
    1hxR5cb.png
    XR6jwEZ.png

I get WebButt out of the PC and head out. Before I head to spoopy Dark Cave though, I want to check out that Route that was previously blocked by the trainer. Oh how nice of him, he gives me Miracle Seed. It boosts Grass-type moves, like the moves my Bellsprout would have learned… But hey, it's a new Route, which means a new chance for a catch.
    pQEk2cs.png

I think the game is teasing me now; of course my first encounter on Route 32 is a Bellsprout. I'm going to play with the dupes clause however, so I ran away. My next encounter is a Rattata, not the most interesting but I'll take it. Welcome to the team, Rhodey.
    lu7fVSE.png
    Z36wHWq.png
    72QOGKN.png
    AG2eFUx.png

Although WebButt had poisoned Rhodey, I have a PSNCUREBERRY from the random berry trees all around, so I don't have to rush back to the PokéCenter just yet. So now I have a full party, including my egg. But seriously, Rocky still isn't obeying? Wasn't the first badge supposed to make him obey me? W/e jerk, see if I use you at the next gym...
    lzavUHq.png
    fLeWbZ4.png

Continuing down Route 32, I pass by a few trainers then come upon a body of water with a bridge over it. There are a couple trainers (fisherman by my guess) but I don't want to face them just yet. I'll need to heal up before I try any of that. I'll just keep on along the path.
    B6AXQ3h.png
    MRS3ivW.png

So the path meets up again with the end of the bridge, and a spazzy trainer frantically spins around in hopes of finding another trainer to battle. Luckily I dodge him, but the only way to get to the PokéCenter a little further south is past a creepy guy selling me a Slowpoke tail. Oh boy, and it only costs one million PokéDollars, or whatever our currency is.
    udXUbns.png
    ew4IXIQ.png

After I heal up, the age-old lesson of always talking to strangers pays off, as I am offered some guy's rod. Ooh, he meant a fishing rod, well hey that works too. Gyarados, here I come! At least, at the next Route with water that I haven't already caught a Pokémon at... Anyways, time to go back through the Route and face those trainers I passed. After beating all of them, I continue south from the PokéCenter and find the entrance to Union Cave.
    Q1xCKgf.png
    Yf6kJi6.png
    5LXx04y.png
    CnWYm5e.png

I'm not sure what to expect as I enter, but of course the first encounter is a Rattata. So much for being a Gen II game, more than half of the Pokémon I've caught have been Gen I... I have Rhodey kill his brother and continue on. Another Rattata... Come on! Third time's a charm, right? Maybe not, it's a Zubat... it's better than nothing though, so I go for it. It's a catch, and I name him for what all Zubat are.
    2BJLDrJ.png
    y60UQQx.png
    glr7HyF.png

Now should I switch Annoying out with Rocky, or stick with a Pokémon that won't obey... Honestly I think I'll box them both for the time being. Maybe Annoying will make his debut when I teach him Flash to get through Dark Cave. Oh the irony.
    C1kddzq.png

Back in the cave I'm facing the first trainer and would you look at that, an Onix that obeys. And it's the same level as mine, icing on the cake. Now this would be a piece of cake if Kansas knew any water moves, but I'm not so fortunate yet. Maybe I should grind a bit more before going farther into the cave. OMG it's a team effort, but I manage to take down the Onix, that was a close call!
    zkNKz4j.png
    eitK7h7.png
    XzstKSE.png

After that "intense" battle (it was intense for me, ok?!) I will be ending Part 3. I think Part 4 will definitely begin with some grinding before heading back into Union Cave. If you have any advice or things you'd like to say, tell me down in the comments. Thanks again and I'll see you soon.​

Back