• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Game Freak needs to make Fire types!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vietazn654

A sound soul dwells within me
    Years
    I agree. But how about Ghost and Dark types. =\ not alot of them either... Ghost Pokemon only have 18.

Cyberglass

the stuff Porygon are made of
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2022
    But only 15 fire types are neither starters nor legendaries.

Ayselipera

Yes I agree. I haven't been pleased with the fire types since generation III when Blaziken was the only one I found to be decent. I think it's rather sad too since when I was first introduced into Pokemon I immediately fell in love with the fire types. They were my absolute favorite and I remember I used to play Yellow and GSC with a whole army of fire Pokemon and nothing else. Now with the lack of good fire types and fire Pokemon in general I've moved on and pretty much pushed fire Pokemon out of my top five favorites. ;_;

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    I don't like Fire Types. Too over-rated. I do however, want NO NEW Water Types in this Generation. On topic, I'd liek at least 5 new unique Fire Type Families and may 2 unevolvable ones :)

Benjamin510

The King of Typio's!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2016
    I like this. That's exactly what I was thinking while reading this topic. Of course there are more water-types because water's more abundant in the world, and there are more species to base Pokemon on. Like all those various kinds of fish and mythological creatures.

That said, Fire has always been my favorite type, and I would like more choices when it comes to decided which Fire-type I'll raise for my team. Creativity would be needed to think of something new. For example, the Fire/Ghost could maybe be a whisp of smoke or something like that.

Me too. It Just makes sense

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Really. I hated how there were barely any fire types introduced in the last region... and other than Magmortar, I can't think of a non Starter/Legendary Pokemon. (Someone refresh my memory) I hope we get at least 3 separate families with Fire typing, and one being Fire/Poison.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I don't like Fire Types. Too over-rated. I do however, want NO NEW Water Types in this Generation. On topic, I'd liek at least 5 new unique Fire Type Families and may 2 unevolvable ones :)
    Agreed, well with more water types cuz I just love 'em so much :D. 5 new unique fire type families would be nice, but probably won't happen. I say we should get 2 new fire type families, and 2 new unevolvable ones, and maybe a pre-evo or evo for Torkoal. Other than that why not make some old fire starters attainable in the game? Like you would have to catch them in a specific location at a certain time of day and have a certain amount of time to run into one (just so the starters aren't too easily obtainable), or maybe you're given one.

Years
    Adding more fire types would be great, fire types are one of my favorite types. I hope they add more in this new gen.

ichuesther

The girl with the Charizard.
    Years
    Definitely need more Fire types. And good ones, too.
    I love fire type pokemon and the only ones I really think are worth using are
    Charizard(+previous evolutions), Typhlosion, Magcargo.

Sacr3d Fire

Rock the house with fire
    Years
    I totaly agree with you im doing the mono-type pokemon challenge with fire type and i had my first fire pokemon after the third badge (except the starter)So we need MORE FIRE TYPE POKÉMON.They are just awsome.<3

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    I honestly would encourage the creation of any fire types. They're really lacking as of yet.

Rockets Lapras

Gamer at Heart
    Years
    I like the way they have the game balanced as of right now. I could see them adding a few extra fires, but I wouldn't want that percentage to raise dramatically.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
    Years
    Was there even one that wasn't a starter, baby, new evo or legendary in gen 4?
    There needs to be a lot more in the 5th gen.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Yeah! Fire-type rule! :D :t257:

But we really do need a bit more of them. I understand that "70% of the Earth is water" argument for the excessive abundance of Water-type, but... incorporating the Big Bang theory, everything sprouted from a mixture of fire, light, gases, elements, and epicness... So really, Fire-types are getting majorly underrepresented, I say! ;)

Here are two Fire-type concepts I posted in another thread that I'd like to see (and I think the second one was even created to represent Pokemon White Version as a Fire-type legendary of the sun...)

Spoiler:

CREDITS:

Pyroak - Create-A-Pokemon Project at Smogon
    https://www.smogon.com/cap/pokemon/pyroak

Amaress - Black/White Fakemon contest entry designed by SolarAbusoru (https://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=174256)

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2010
    Seventy percent of the earths surface is water, but beneath all of that is nothing but molten iron, nickel and other metals. 99%+ of the earths mass is composed of really hot metal stuff. Fire especially got shafted last time. Did we really need a fire/fighting starter two generations in a row? Hopefully some nice fire types will rise about.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Seventy percent of the earths surface is water, but beneath all of that is nothing but molten iron, nickel and other metals. 99%+ of the earths mass is composed of really hot metal stuff. Fire especially got shafted last time. Did we really need a fire/fighting starter two generations in a row? Hopefully some nice fire types will rise about.

A fire/fighting starter would be 3 gens in a row since blaziken is fire/fighting too. I honestly think that Pokabu should be a pyrokenetic (fire/psychic). That would be cool! I can't imagine it actually having fire spout out of its body anywhere so that will work.

I can understand how not having many fire types is annoying, but at the same time remember they're strong pokemon (usually) thus they remain in fewer numbers. I'd like a few new families and maybe an evo of an old fire pkmn in b&w but I don't expect there to be too many new fire types. It just won't happen.

Cyberglass

the stuff Porygon are made of
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2022
    Am I the only one who would like a Fire and Dark type?

Well, there's already Houndour and Houndoom, but it is a logical type combination for Fire. Personally I would rather see some more exotic combos, like Fire/Grass, Fire/Water, or Fire/Dragon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back