• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Game Maker: RPG Dialog Script

rm2kdude

Advanced Pixel-Artist
Years
  • Age 34
  • usa
  • Seen Oct 30, 2022
THIS IS THE OLD VERSION, THE NEWER VERSION IS APART OF MY RPG ENGINE. This as it stands is perfect for Pokemon

Features:
- Highlighted faces, highlights the face that's talking.
- Letter by Letter
- Finish pointer, can be animated.
- Specified colored text
- Display Name

The next version I want to feature:
- Menu choices
- Icons inside text(this is just a maybe, this really only seen in Zelda like games)
- Final Fantasy like Comic text (will probably just display static images as that's all they are, FF7/8/9 all used static, it was not fluid) Also saves me but loads of time.
Download Ver. 1A

Last edited:

Arma

The Hyena
Years
I don't use game maker, but it'd seems like a must have if your planning to make a pokemon game with it.

shouldn't this be up the resource center?

Poeman

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
Elarmasecreta, if you're making a pokémon game and can't make your own dialog system, there is a bigger issue.

Anyways, it would be cool to see some screens because I don't plan to use this so I'm not downloading it :P

rm2kdude

Advanced Pixel-Artist
Years
  • Age 34
  • usa
  • Seen Oct 30, 2022
I don't use game maker, but it'd seems like a must have if your planning to make a pokemon game with it.

shouldn't this be up the resource center?

This is just one peice of the puzzle, you need to know how to create poke_actors. Since Pokemon is different than standard rpgs you needs to learn to use variables, but actually a pokemon game actually and probably is easier than standard rpg actor coding.

Code:
var poke_id, caught_id, name, hp, hpmax, sp, spmax, exp, expnext, poke_type;

// poke example
if poke_id = 25 {
  if caught_id < = 0 {
    caught_id = 1;
    show_dialog("Congradulations, you captured a Pikachu!")
    scr_call_poke_naming(); 
  }
  else { 
    caught_id += 1; 
    show_dialog("You already caught this pokemon, would you like to keep it?")
    scr_yes_no();    
  }
}

for setting stat's it's simple.
caught_id.name = "Pikachu";
caught_id.hp = 20;
caught_id.hpmax = hp;

get the idea.

Back