• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Game Modifications

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Some of us like modding our games. By doing so, we could change almost anything, whether it be characters, weapons, locations, you name it! So, tell us--have you ever modded any video games? If so, which? What does this particular mod do? How long did it take for you to actually have it implemented?

Euphoric

Indefatigable
    Years
  • I haven't modded much, sadly, I love the customization opportunities. Probably the extent of my capabilities was going into Civ 4's XML and changing up city names and leaders' traits.

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
  • I haven't modded in quite awhile. Last thing I was messing around with was probably San Andreas, adding Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 models to it(x

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I already had GTA 4 and Skyrim for my PS3 but I still got them for PC just to get mods. I probably have over 20 mods installed for Skyrim (none of them are texture packs) and just the one installed for GTA 4.

For Skyrim I can't really remember the name of every mod, but I have a couple of weapon packs, a companion mod, one that adds hypothermia and weather and other realism mods.

For GTA 4 I only got a zombie mod called Left 4 Liberty.

I have bought Operation Arrowhead for ArmA 2, which is needed for DayZ to work but unfortunately I haven't installed it yet through Steam.

TY

I messed around a lot with Tiberian Sun when I was 12-13 years old. I mostly edited the strength and costs of units aswell as changing team colors. The same went for Red Alert 2 but it was slightly more difficult as you cannot change the names properly without getting a huge bunch of text.

Scandalice

now known as Sukyandaru
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2015
    Once I tried a Tron-based mod for Team Fortress 2. It looked cool, but I uninstalled it in the end. All I use now is a custom HUD.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • While I have not made any game mods myself, there are some that interest me. For example, in the Half Life series there are mods that have replaced Alyx Vance with any of the following: Zero Suit Samus, Princess Zelda, Hatsune Miku, and Renamon. One KotOR mod that interests me is The Sith Lords Content Restored Mod. As for Skyrim mods, one mod that interest me is the Call of Madness mod. The mod includes a new Shout whose words are Random, Insanity, and Cheese! It also includes several items in a chest that is labeled Sheogorath's Fun Chest of Fun.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    As for me, only game I have ever modded is Minecraft. I'm not that much of an expert when it comes to this, so... yeah. xD" Aside from that, there's nothing else. Grand Theft Auto would come close, though. I would use cheat codes every now and then to spawn weapon, vehicles, and change character model. This isn't exactly modding, but, you know.

Years
  • I used to LOVE modding Guitar Hero around, not only changing songs but trying to change anything I could xD Texts, models, stages, colors... I started on GH2 and then moved to GH3, first using random songs, then using in-game songs not playable on PS2 (as in 360's exclusives, DLC, gameshark-only and etc.). It was fun, but eventually I got tired of burning so many discs and not having much luck ;_; Most of my games were "incomplete", buggy or even corrupted all of a sudden :c

Goo

Fiction is an improvement on life
    Years
  • I've never modded because I'm lazy but I've always been impressed at some of the mods people can create. I helped a friend test a mod for the Myth series (Bungie) when I was younger and I found that fun. I got to try it before anyone else in the community.

Back