• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Game of the Month?

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Does anyone else here think it might be a good idea to have a Game of the Month/Year award? I personally think it might be a good idea, as it would get the better games more attention, and improve the quality of games being made, as the creators try to win the award.

Also, if the people over at ROM Hacking can get awards, why not us game developers?

So, who's with me?

Years
  • Not enough games/developers to warrant it, and honestly, I'm not going to just hand out awards to games that haven't had any alpha/beta/release candidate/gold/etc release yet.
    You can't really rate a game properly based purely on released media.

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
    Years
  • Not enough games/developers to warrant it, and honestly, I'm not going to just hand out awards to games that haven't had any alpha/beta/release candidate/gold/etc release yet.
    You can't really rate a game properly based purely on released media.

This would get more attention to game dev. I dont think that there needs to be an "award" just a thread to credit the person. I also dont believe that it has to be full games, mini-games a fun.
    It'd be quite fun to have a comp, there'd be more of a challenge to gamemaking. Its a nice idea.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • While I would like it, there is not enough games to warrant a monthly award. Yearly would be fine, or even season (spring,summer etc).

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    I like this idea, but maybe a month isn't enough. A Game of the Year award would be better. Like Wichu said, everyone deserves a chance to get an award. If a Game of the Year is too much, we could do something along the lines of Game of the Summer, like Neo said :)

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
    Years
  • No, game of the year would be nice, but some people might lose interest by then. It might not need to be a pokemon fangame. I think maybe halfyearly? Or yearly, with sections like non-pokemon and minigames...etc.

Years
  • Yearly would be fine, or even season (spring,summer etc).

I thought about this topic only days before it was posted. I was going to post something about it, but with the number of actual posts I have. I could have seen many people not taking me seriously. Anyway I like the idea of quarterly. I would say seasonally, but well the seasons change based on where you live in the world. Then I also think a Yearly award would be cool to have as well.

DaSpirit

Mad Programmer
    Years
  • I've been thinking about that sort of thing for a while too. But I don't really think month, that's too short, really. I think year would be best.

Waudby

off topic:I was thinking about asking Avatar whatever happened to his gaming news, he used to do reviews of games when I first joined.

I think that would help with the game of the month/year/season etc because if we had a system like he used to use, people can check them all out in one place as well as having a link to the thread and a demo on there too with screenshots, and then a poll to vote in that month or whatever.

Starway

Artist and Gamer
    Years
  • i think it would be a good idea although your gonna have to look through the games closely so yea i agree wiht the idea

sonic smash down

Where those that train, train hard!
    Years
  • if there is going to be doing this. you could only base it off of beta's already set out like Og's. I would suggest this like a season award game or something around that

Back