• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Gamefreak has a Tournament on Wifi (now over!)

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Its Black and White Pokemon only, so I think it goes in the Black and White forum. If I'm wrong please move it to the correct one.

From Pokemon.com itself:

Registration for the Global Battle Union Autumn Friendly Tournament begins October 12th.

Looking for a way to tune up your battling skills? Try a Wi-Fi Battle Competition! The 2011 Autumn Friendly Tournament is an easy way to play against other Trainers around the world. This competition is part of the Global Battle Union, one of the awesome features of the Pokémon Global Link. The tournament is completely free, so don't miss your chance to show off your Trainer talent!

During the tournament, you'll play against other Trainers online, using your Nintendo DS system and your Pokémon Black Version or Pokémon White Version game. The better you do, the higher you'll rank. Then, at the end of the tournament, all the results will be posted to the leaderboards on the Global Battle Union website!

Here are some things you should know when preparing for the 2011 Autumn Friendly Tournament: All battles are Double Battles, meaning two Pokémon from each Trainer's party will be battling at the same time. You need at least four Pokémon in your Battle Box before each battle, and you can have up to six. All of the Pokémon must be from the Unova Pokédex. Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, and Kyurem cannot be used. When you battle, any Pokémon at Level 51 or higher will automatically become Level 50 for the duration of the battle. Pokémon at Level 49 or lower will not change level.

Registration for the 2011 Autumn Friendly Tournament will be October 12th to 19th via the Global Battle Union. Battles begin October 20th and run through the 24th. Be sure to register early—only the first 10,000 people will be given a place in tournament! To register, you need a Pokémon Trainer Club account and the ability to log in to the Pokémon Global Link. To battle, you need to have access to a wireless Internet connection.

Good luck and have fun in the Global Battle Union 2011 Autumn Friendly Tournament!

----------

So I'm pretty excited and have already started planning my team out. Its the first wifi tournament of this scale that I've seen and I'm stoked. Good luck to everyone that participates. Its Gen 5 Pokemon only.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Well, the way I see it is since it's on the GBU which is a Black and White exclusive thing then it fits here fine, and there isn't one on this in CBC, either.

Anyway, it... has a strange name, for one. It sounds interesting though, sucks it's only limited to 10,000 people but I guess that makes sense considering how many will want to enter. I don't plan to participate, however, my in-game team sucks too much. :x Hopefully there are more of these in the future for either way, who knows, maybe I'll have a good in-game team by then!

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • i also do not plan to participate in this; i wish there was a way to just watch the tournament of all 5,000 battles in total; that would be cool. I wouldn't want to participate in it since you have no choice but to use generation five Pokemon.

:t354:TG

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2021
    My team is completely Gen V ^_^ but then again, Braviary is basically a Fly/Strength slave (a good one at that with STAB). Also I'm not sure if I can be screwed...so probs won't enter.

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2011
    I've ordered pokemon white last week from hong kong so I won't be able to do the tournament and I havent got my ds yet...

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • All of the Pokémon must be from the Unova Pokédex.

So I'm pretty excited and have already started planning my team out. Its the first wifi tournament of this scale that I've seen and I'm stoked. Good luck to everyone that participates. Its Gen 5 Pokemon only.

Crap, meaning there won't be much variety in teams at all since we only have one generation to use, it's obvious Game Freak no longer cares about the previous generations, meaning I won't be able to use my favorite Pokemon at all :(

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • Well, my team of 9 (yes I have a rotational team) are all Unovan Pokemon nor legendary Pokemon so I'm pretty sure I'm qualified to participate in the tournament. On the other hand I might just lose all the battles because of how terrible I am at competitive battling xD;;;

Years
  • This sounds great! To bad it's a bit to early for me. I'm only just getting back into Pokemon and only have 3 badges in White. If they are calling it the Autumn tournament though, it sounds like they may have one each season! I hope so, then maybe I can become competitive and compete in a future one. :pink_nod:

Years
  • i entered even though my poke team isnt that great, its just going to be fun to be apart of it.

still got to put together a good team but im registered :D

jkls39

Gate Master
    Years
  • Oh my gosh! I want to join this tournament! But, I can't seem to set the Ninetendo Wi-Fi connection... I did that many times, though, but it's not working! Huhu! Help! I really want to join this! T_T

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • I think I entered! Now I'm going to wait till the tournament starts : D

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • I was just looking at the tournament info, and I found this.

Spoiler:

Wow, now 35,000 from just 10,000. Wonder how big this is actually gonna be...?

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Not too sure about, I don't feel up to it at all. It does seem like a nice idea though anyway, and surely fun. I'm way too lazy to dust my DS out anyway. ._. Good luck to all the people that compete.

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    Gah, looks pretty good apart from the 'Gen 5 only' clause -.- But like mentioned prevously, this could become a seasonly thing hopefully?!

Years
  • im liken the limit increase! going to be a great tourny i think,. also my first "official one"

even if i do horrible...its fun just being registered and apart of the first one

Back