• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen GamePlay/Gaphics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ihtesam

Pokemon Master, Battle Me.
Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    Well I don't have either Pearl or Diamond, I am getting a DSi soon, and the pokemon game I played was on my Game Boy Advance SP, it was Pokemon Emerald, and its awesome, now wanted to get the HeartGold Or Soul Silver, but I may also get Platinum instead of HS/SS, but I was wondering is the graphic then Platinum in HS/SS better? And which would be best for starting with, P/HS/SS? And can you communicate from Pokemon Platinum to Pokemon HS/SS with wifi(online)?

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
    Years
  • They are basically the same graphics. I can't really say which is best to start with because they are two different regions (obviously.) Either one's a good game to start with and I would recommend getting both if that is a choice.

Years
  • well if i were you i would get HGSS first to not miss the opportunity and because its way betetr than platinum(majority of opinions,by majority i mean 99.99.1% of people) and the graphics for HGSS i believe there updated.u might not notice but they are.And im not sure if HGSS can wifi connect with Platinum. If i were you though i would get a ds lite instead of a dsi cuz dsi's dont have gba slots so you wouldnt be able to use pal park for completing the national dex

Ihtesam

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    well if i were you i would get HGSS first to not miss the opportunity and because its way betetr than platinum(majority of opinions,by majority i mean 99.99.1% of people) and the graphics for HGSS i believe there updated.u might not notice but they are.And im not sure if HGSS can wifi connect with Platinum. If i were you though i would get a ds lite instead of a dsi cuz dsi's dont have gba slots so you wouldnt be able to use pal park for completing the national dex

Yeah but I am getting the DSi because I want to browse the internet lol, and talk in the mic, AND take pictures -.-, but Which region is more interresting? the one in Platinum Or HS/SS?

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
    Years
  • IMO, Johto was the most interesting region. Sinnoh is cool, but I tend to put Johto on a pedestal. But that's just me. Different people have different opinions.

Years
  • i'd get HG/SS. Its a better game and if you get platinum there won't be as many people to play with online cause every1 will be playing HG/SS

Ihtesam

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    Good Point, hmm they're both good games...

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Okay, if you go Sinnoh, I'd get Platinum. The graphics look more polished than Diamond and Pearl, and the leveling feels better. It's weird, but it does. In HGSS, The graphics seem to be above Platinum (in terms of polish again, I understand there's really no difference), and seem less squarey, like Pokemon in general is. I could be wrong but there's more ground to cover in Johto than Sinnoh, especially with Viridian Forest and Cerulean Cave restored to glory. You are saying that you haven't played any DS installments yet... If you've played GSC, you have a general gist of what's going on in HGSS and may opt for a new region, but if you haven't played them, Johto's just as new as Sinnoh is. Just a little bit of input. Hope it helps!

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Going to close, as you're just going to get different opinion son what game you should get and all. =/ Basically HGSS runs with the same/similar graphics than with D/P/Pt, only without the torn world sequence in Plat, and stuff like the Ho-Oh/Lugia scenes and views to see from the Lighthouse, etc. One could say that the graphics for hgss are slightly better as it's released later as well and hence has that polish? But IMHO graphics makes for such a small aspect of games, and the 'difference' between Platinum and HGSS isn't that noticeable if at all - they're both fine enough. =P

Basically though they're both great games. =P People will say what they like and that will differ... also, if you have any other questions, please use the Help thread sticky.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back