• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] Games messing up - What's going on?

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2017
    Hello all,

I hope that I'm posting this in the right place. I know in the chit chat thread I mentioned that when playing these different fan made games the input for character name and nicknames for Pokemon for some reason spams one letter and when I try to backspace it the it won't let me because it keeps the letter spamming.

Now I'm facing more issues that I can't seem to figure out what's going on. These happen off and on.

1) When these problems happen and I'm battling my selection is stuck on run, and when I try to select one of the other options like Pokemon or bag it won't let me and just goes back to run.
    2) If I try to select a choice like at the beginning of the game between male and female the selection will select the last option and when I try to move the selection to the first one it won't let me and keeps selecting the last option.

Like I said this keeps happening off and on. So I will have no problems with these fan made games but then say I minimize the game for a period of time to do something else then for some reason the problem will start out. I'm not sure if this is a problem with my system or maybe a setting. Any help would be appreciate since I love these fan made games but I always need to save all the time to make sure that if these problems arise I won't lose any data or playtime within the game. Thank you in advance for any help to resolve this problem

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
    Years
    Does the problem persist if you minimize the window and re-enlarge it? Sometimes if you're pressing a button while opening a window, the key will get "stuck" down until you un-focus the window again.

(This has something to do with how inputs are recorded. Back in the Gamecube days, for instance, if you plugged in a controller while pressing the joystick in a direction, the console would register that as the default state, and when you released the joystick, it would be pointed in the opposite direction)

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2017
    I never thought of that, I'm not really sure. Sometimes I just jump to google chrome while the game is on in the back ground. Other times I will minimize the game then go back to google chrome and start to type or browse through webpages. When I open the game back up sometimes it comes back on fine but other times it will have those issues that I have explained in my first post.

Then if I run into that problem I try to close the game down and restart it and the issue will still be there. The only time that it would stop is if I log out of my computer and then log back in.

Back