• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gameshark: Glitching or cheating?

Gameshark: glitch or a cheating device?

• Gameshark is a glitch!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gameshark is a cheating/third-party device!!!

Votes: 9 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2010
    Greetings fellow Pokemasters,
    I come in peace. Recently, me and my nooby friend have come to a major disagreement. He has the ludicrous idea that gameshark is a glitch. Now, I told him that he must have been hit by a Confuse Ray or something. I said that gameshark is a cheating device, and that a glitch is something that you must be able to do without a third-party device. He said that that was the most dimwitted thing that he had ever heard. Keep in mind, this PokeLoser believes that rods can be bought in PokeMarts. Therefore, I am making a poll to settle the scorzors. Remember to flame him away using Fire Blast. Friends, Trainers, Masters, let us set this right.
    Yours truly,
    The God of All PokeMen

Zowayix

hi
    Years
    A "glitch" refers to something unintended to happen that occurs in the game without any third party devices. Therefore, Gameshark is not a glitch.

However, FYI, there are a few glitches in Pokemon R/B/Y that allow you to directly edit the save's memory (such as what Pokemon you have, what items you have, your location, your money, your Trainer ID number, and stuff) which basically functions like a Gameshark without actually using one. This would be classified as a glitch, not a cheat.

Years
    What Zowayix said.But,Gamesharks are not third party.They were made by adult noobs,that felt like they neede to make litle kids cry,so all in favour of destroying the Gameshark/Action Replay,raise your hand.(10,679,980 people raise it.)

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
    Hah, I remember when I used a lot of gameshark cheats on my VBA LeafGreen. My PC was crammed full of Bad Eggs. Lmao.

And if i'm not completely wrong, Bad Eggs is a sign of cheating and therefore, Gameshark is a cheating device.

Years
    It's the latter option, and there's no question about it.
    I'm going to move this to General Pokemon Gaming as it doesn't necessarily go here, but I'm going to close it before I move it simply because I don't think there's much debate to it lol.

*close&move*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back