• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gary and his starter pok?mon from prof. Oak!

igtica

Mmmm....Cheesecake
    Years
    Gary and his starter pok?mon from prof. Oak!

I drew this pic after being inspired by the episode in the 5th series with blastoise in it. Finally knowing Gary's starter was really something for me. So I drew this pic to try and see what it would have been like in the beginning for Gary and his buddy Squirtle. I tried my best to get it as close to the looks of the series as possible with just use of my comp. All of it was drawn on PSP and I found resizing it allowed me to create smoother lines and get rid of the pixelate with out disturbing the image itself. I used many sources to try and get the style right so please comment. if it's any good I may try out the techinque I used to create other images.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Wow, you did a really good job! I can't believe that you actually drew that on the computer. I agree that resizing it made the lines look much better. When I first saw it I thought it was a screencap from the Anim?, lol. ^_^

MoonLight

The Stars are Pretty
    Years
    Wow now that is awesome Yeah i though it was a screenshot also wow it's sooo cool!! Great Job Iggy!!!

Omega-Brendan

Bahamut's Owner
    Years
    I thought it was a screen capture too!

Ish excellent!

The only thing that made it not look like a screen capture is Gary's tongue color, it looks like his skin color. That's the only thing letting it down

igtica

Mmmm....Cheesecake
    Years
    Thank you so much every one! I'm so pleased that it had the effect I wanted. Thanks for the hint Omega-Brendan, it'll help me when I come to do the next one. Any ideas on who i should draw next? There are so many characters avaliable to draw, another scene maybe would be a cool idea. :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Hmm, I'd love to see Haruka/May and Torchic. ^_^ That'd be a cute picture! (Or Misty and Togepi. Either...)

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    igtica said:
    Great ideas Kayleigh! i hope you don't mind if i do one of them. i'd love to do may and torchic!
    Nah, you told me to suggest something, lol. ^_^ And good to see ya posting more Vito!

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    That looks so official Iggy!It looks flawless, except for the ttongue color.Other than that, it's great!

igtica

Mmmm....Cheesecake
    Years
    thanks so much Kayleigh!

Thanks for the nice comments too Vito, DragonTrainer and orange*berry. I will have to watch ouit for that tongue colour next time ;) i hope to do my next pic today....phew be glad to get this uni application process over and draw a nice pic :)

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 5, 2010
    WOW!When I first saw it,I said "Why did she/he post a screenshot?"
    Very good job!

Back