• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gary or Ash

Ash or Gary

• Ash

Votes: 39 48.1%
  • Gary

Votes: 42 51.9%

• Total voters

The Great Saiyaman

Lets heat things up!
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2006
    Gary! He became a gym leader. While Ash won't confess is feelings for girl. Throw me a bone here.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    Gary has a certain maturity and edge to him that makes him a bit more superior to Ash, in my opinion. Ash still often acts like a little boy (especially when he's all fired up for a Gym match to the point where he doesn't care about anything except getting to the Gym -- Mossdeep, anyone?), whereas Gary has grown a bit from the shallow, egotistical jerk he once was. He now speaks to Ash as a mature adult (or he did at the end of Johto), unlike he had in Kanto. Though Ash has grown up a bit since his first Kanto journey, he's still got a long way to go before he reaches Gary's level of intellect and maturity.

Not to mention his Pokemon team really was cool, despite the fact that Ash beat him fairly in the Silver Conference.

And yes, I have considered the fact that Ash has literally saved the world several times over, but even so, Gary's still got a good head on his shoulders -- the sort of thing I like to see in a character.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    The Great Saiyaman said:
    Gary! He became a gym leader. While Ash won't confess is feelings for girl. Throw me a bone here.

In the TV Show, Gary does not become a gym leader, instead becomes a Professor on Cinnabar Island if I'm not mistaken. I think you've confused Gary with Green.

I personally like Gary more, even though his american voice bugs the everything outta me *twitch* But his personality is all around better then Ash's in my opinion. He acts immature around Ash during Kanto, mainly because they're rivals, and he obviously finds it funny when Ash get's mad. But when he needs to, he can be very serious, as demonstrated when Team Rocket attacked his Grandfather's ranch in The Pokemon Corrall, or something like that.

I have indeed also taken account of the fact that Ash has saved the world probably now countless times before, but all I can say is. HE NEEDS TO STOP. XP Ash is the 'Chosen one' or, 'Ash has to save his mom for the better of all mankind' or, 'Ash is the only one who can stop Deoxys from taking over Larousse' or, 'Ash is the only one who can save Latias from Annie and Oakley' and honestly, I personally don't care anymore. Ash needs to deflate, and step down, because by now, he's saved the world 8 times, and he's pissing me off.

I'm obviously not an Ash-fan, but take no offense from my opinions Ash-fans, I am merely stating my reasons for picking Gary, not Ash. (which are blatantly obvious)

And, AMEN to your post Ice Blade. Amen.

Grandadvanceshipper, I think we've all got a clue as to why you hate Gary. *points to the painfully obvious username* I have nothing more to say on that matter. And is a rude way to referring to a person who is mentally disabled. And dude, chill out. You're one of those people who hate anything that gets in your shippings way, such as Gary, Misty, Drew, and pretty much everyone else who has even the slightest ties to Ash and May. *gaspeth*

As for everything else, I have to say...GARY DIDN'T START WITH A @#*$% EEVEE!!! He started with a STARTER POKEMON. You allz need to rewatch the first episode. He started with A SQUIRTLE. *gaspeth* Just had to say that.
    Thank you xXFallenXx for clearing that extremely obvious fact up for us. (cough them cough)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Ash is in every ep. to bad about gary wanting to be a scientest in Pokemon Chronicles

~Alakazam~

Psychic Eye
    Years
    Gary is a true Pokemon trainer, who develops his pokemon, lets them evolve and creates a balanced team. I would love Gary even more if he had a Charizard, but Blastoise is good. He has a Nidoking and an Alakazam. Those two are awesome. Too bad we rarely got to see them.

Ash just sits there with weak pokemon and leaves all of his old, good ones like Snorlax and Muk at home.

poke lover

Pokemon Master
    Years
    Gary is better than Ash in terms of battling and training. BUT, when it comes to caring for your pokemon and loving them, Ash is the better trainer there. I guess Ill pick Ash.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Gary and Ash?
    XD
    Yeah...that pairings okay...
    Anyhoo, Just checkin' back to see whose winning.
    I'm surprised that Gary is beating Ash....

T-T

Ichigo Flash

Box-kun
    Years
    I voted Ash because aww bless hes behind but I have equal respect for Gary as Pokemon.
    Gary is alot more intelligent, has supreme battling abilites and has a better study of Pokemon (his grandfather being Professer Oak).

However Ash has deeper bonds with his Pokemon and thats what half of Pokemon is about. He is alot funnier aswell :) (even though hes a right idiot at times).

Gary - Has Nidoking :)

Ash - Has a cool Pikachu :)

Back