• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Gary's Mod (Beta 2 Released!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 10, 2022
What part of the game are you in? If I recall correctly, when reviving fossils at Pewter something weird happened where no wild Pokémon could be found until you picked up the revived Pokémon,

I didn't know that.
I collected the fossils but I've not revived them. i'm in Celadon city right now. The last Pokemon I caught was a level 29 Dugtrio. My Nidorino was 28.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Aug 1, 2017
I decided to change my rival's name and red/ash's sprite changed. I was curious to find out how this worked and i figured out the sprite will always change when you make up your rival's name. And ash/red's sprite remains deformed (sprite covered in blood like he was in a brutal fight) even if you go back and pick one of the provided names. I saved screenshots but i don't know how to post them in spoilers. I want to make sure that the sprite isn't glitching and it may be a bonus feature.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 22, 2017
So, My pokemon above lvl 10 ar not obeying me like I don't have enough badges, but I have the first one.

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
Just revived on Pok?Community again. I'm so happy that this is yet undeceased. I shall hopefully continue my fanfiction of your exemplary ROM hack, although my writing flair has changed slightly over the many moons that I was absent.

Looking forward to Beta 3!

Haha thanks, I'm looking forward to it too!

I am so looking forward to this.

Me too, the creator really needs to hurry up with this.

I don't know if anyone's said this before but when I use a repel it's permanent....

Are you using the most recent beta (2.04)? I remember that happening when I first released beta 2 but I think I fixed it in 2.04.

I decided to change my rival's name and red/ash's sprite changed. I was curious to find out how this worked and i figured out the sprite will always change when you make up your rival's name. And ash/red's sprite remains deformed (sprite covered in blood like he was in a brutal fight) even if you go back and pick one of the provided names. I saved screenshots but i don't know how to post them in spoilers. I want to make sure that the sprite isn't glitching and it may be a bonus feature.

That's actually a common bug when changing the sprites in the intro. It doesn't affect gameplay so I kind of just left it as is haha

so i found a possible bug after catching a spearow on route 22, it turned into a bad egg

Could you PM me with more information? I was certain I didn't mess with anything that could create bad eggs, but what was/were the last things you remember doing before catching the spearow?

So, My pokemon above lvl 10 ar not obeying me like I don't have enough badges, but I have the first one.

Is it all your pokemon or just the traded one? I believe the traded Pokemon don't obey past lv10 until you get the cascade badge. Kind of a dumb idea to put a tradeable Pokemon so early in the game when you can barely even use it, but I always wanted to be able to fill that girl's wish in the original games.

-----------------------------------------------------

So once again, I'm incredibly slow with the updates and truthfully incredibly slow with the progress too. Since I last updated, I managed to map about half of beta 3 and have fully planned out how to script the rest of the hack. That being said, I'm disappointed in the wall that I've hit in mapping the second half of beta 3 in both energy and creativity. So right now I'm requesting anyone with good mapping skills to help me map out the rest of beta 3.

As much as I'd like to finish the hack solo, it'd be much quicker and easier to have a helping hand in shaping the last bit of the beta. If you want to help, shoot me a PM with a few maps you've made so I can see if your style fits along with the rest of the hack's style. Of course you'll get credits and a sneak peek of the upcoming beta with what I've scripted so far haha.

And to fulfill my promise of always having a screenshot in an update, here's something you might remember from the originals. I wonder if I'll finally get closure...

7u0RbBd.png

Story of my life

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 27, 2020
So I'm a little stumped on two parts.

1. How do I Mega Evolve? There's nothing to click on to do it, or atleast I can't find any.

2. How do I get into Saffron? I can't figure out how to get the tea or pay the guards.

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
So I'm a little stumped on two parts.

1. How do I Mega Evolve? There's nothing to click on to do it, or atleast I can't find any.

2. How do I get into Saffron? I can't figure out how to get the tea or pay the guards.

1. Mega evolving is something that happens closer to the end of beta 2 and it works the same way it does in the canon games (get the stone and the mega ring). It's not really explained well which is my bad, but when you equip the pokemon with its mega stone and you have the mega ring, you press start before clicking on an attack and your pokemon will mega evolve and then attack.

2. Fuchsia city is where the beta ends, Saffron is the first town you enter for beta 3.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 26, 2023
I felt so relieved to see that you are still answering messages and have not given up on this epic hack. Honestly, I have seen many projects left unfinished but hopefully you can get the chance to finish yours. Looking forward to Beta 3!

kicksmith

wat
Years
version 2.04

i was hoping someone else had this issue, but it doesn't seem to be the case; however, this glitch is keeping me from progressing in the game.

i am in the rocket hideout in celadon city. the issue is with the floor spinner tiles. i step on a floor tile and it makes the spinning sound, but i only move one space (instead of spinning uncontrollably to the next spinner/static tile). then i essentially freeze, although the music still plays and rocket sprites still move normally. the result? i am stuck and cannot move or even access the menu (can't save, see bag, check pokemon, etc.). save states are the only reason i have been able to play after discovering this glitch.

note: not sure how possible it is for this to be related to the "never collected the fossil so stuck in permanent repel" issue. that is definitely going on in my game as well. i have only just learned what caused it so have not gotten back to pewter to get the fossil to fix it.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 5, 2017
Just started playing this hack today, love the idea and the extra material. I've run into some issues though, some of which are making the game unplayable.

First, all of my pokemon are given an ID number of 00000, regardless of my trainer's ID. All my pokemon therefore get boosted EXP, but start to disobey me once they reach level 10.

I still managed to beat the Cerulean gym regardless. I did this before completing the events on Route 24 so that my pokemon would obey me and battles would be less frustrating. However, soon after I defeated my rival on Route 24, a glitch occurred where all my pokemon disappeared and my character's name on the pause menu becomes a glitched mess. Trying to check my trainer card or access any of my pokemon freezes the game.

Maybe these two issues are related somehow? Anyone else have the same problem?

EDIT: Just tried a different Pokemon hack and the ID problem still happens so maybe I'm somehow messing up the patching?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 9, 2022
Just started playing this hack today, love the idea and the extra material. I've run into some issues though, some of which are making the game unplayable.

First, all of my pokemon are given an ID number of 00000, regardless of my trainer's ID. All my pokemon therefore get boosted EXP, but start to disobey me once they reach level 10.

I still managed to beat the Cerulean gym regardless. I did this before completing the events on Route 24 so that my pokemon would obey me and battles would be less frustrating. However, soon after I defeated my rival on Route 24, a glitch occurred where all my pokemon disappeared and my character's name on the pause menu becomes a glitched mess. Trying to check my trainer card or access any of my pokemon freezes the game.

Maybe these two issues are related somehow? Anyone else have the same problem?

EDIT: Just tried a different Pokemon hack and the ID problem still happens so maybe I'm somehow messing up the patching?
Make sure you're patching a v1.0 FireRed ROM. (The Squirrels one.)

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen May 7, 2022
Hey man. Love the mod and the references! Great story! I've got to Fushia and beat the gym leaders. So the Beta is over when you get to the safari zone, right? I got bulbasaur, do I trade for squirtle and charmander as well? And is there a list of the mega evolution stones? Thanks much! This mod is great!

Years
Can you just clarify which Eevee evolutions are in the game? I'm not sure if evolutions such as Glaceon would be in this, just wondering

Years
I noticed that Eevee can get Round Eyes and its classified as a fairy type. Does it lead to him evolving into Sylveon? If not, it really should.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back