• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gay adoption - why are homosexuals considered unworthy parents?

Years
Imo, if we're all created equal, the love we give to each other and our kids would be equal.

Yes; no matter what God you believe in, we are created equal.
However, society does not treat everyone equal. If society did, people who are gay, lesbian, and bisexual wouldn't need to fight for their rights. And, "society not treating all people equal," doesn't just apply to those who like the same-sex, but also to people of color, people with disabilities, people who are trans*, and women.

I am fully, 100% for gay adoption. But, I also realize that it's going to take a lot of effort and time to change the rules, so that it's universally accepted.

Moist

other in a month When you,
Years
I mainly think it's because they think the adopted children will have their sexuality influenced. But, aren't you still influenced no matter what your parents' sexual orientation?

A think a quote from Ellen DeGeneres best describes my opinion:
Ellen DeGeneres said:
"I was raised around heterosexuals, as all heterosexuals are, that's where us gay people come from... you heterosexuals."

Years
I know people and politicians who say that they don't want homosexuals to be able to adopt children because to their mind, children need both a male and female model in order to grow healthily. I feel this argument is ridiculous. There are single mothers (and rarely single fathers) whose children grow up fine. So, do you want to take children from single parents just because they don't have both a mother and father at the same time?

I think what matters most for a child are parents who deeply care for their child and don't neglect it. Gender shouldn't matter in this regard.

I even have a gay friend who's against gay adoption because he fears that children of gay families might be bullied at school etc. Well, if it's not your gay parents, then you might be bullied for your appearance. Bullies are everywhere, but that's not a reason to give in to them.

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
Years
^This.

Also, I find it amazing how people become so shocked at the thought of a child having two mothers/ two fathers, yet don't seem to care at all when a mother and a father divorce and leave the child to be raised by only one parent.

I support gay adoption 100%, not only because I feel its right, but because I know a gay couple who have adopted a child, and from what I've seen they are fantastic fathers.

Back