• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Gen 2 style battle menu

Years
    So i've been trying to figure out how to make the battle menu (the one that shows your current pokémon's moves) appear like it does in the Gen 2 games (as well as in gens 1, 7, and 8) where the 4 moves are displayed in a list from top to bottom instead of in a 2x2 grid like in gens 3-6. I've been experimenting a lot in PokéBattle_Scene and i can change the positioning of all the graphics just fine, but i can't seem to figure out how to change from the grid style. I thought it might have to do with this bit:

Code:
    @window=Window_CommandPokemon.newWithSize([],0,Graphics.height-96,320,96,viewport)
        @window.columns=2
        @window.columnSpacing=4

But i can't tell any difference in game whenever i change any of the numbers there. Any of you guys know how to do this? I can't imagine it's a very difficult thing, i just can't seem to find the right bit of code. Thanks!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Did you turn off USECOMMANDBOX and USEFIGHTBOX in the scene constants? sorry, for some reason when you wen gen 2 I thought pure text. You want to edit class CommandMenuButtons and class FightMenuButtons to edit the positions of the graphics

Mind that's not the only change required, as you have to edit def pbFightMenu and def pbCommandMenuEx to act as if it were a vertical list instead of the math it does for the grid. I presume you have some knowledge of scripting, since making a new UI requires that pretty heavily, but you can look to other menus like the pokegear to see how a vertical list is coded.
    You want 1 column though that's the default setting so you could just delete those two lines no biggie.

Last edited:
    Back