• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gen 3 Exp. Share working like Gen 6's.

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2021
    I've had an idea for the Exp. Share... is it possible to get the thing working like X/Y/OR/AS format, as in
    ...Experience and effort values are given to all of the Pokémon in the party individually. Pokémon that do not participate in battle will only gain 50% of the possible experience.
    Or, can this not be done? That would also mean making the Exp. Share a Key Item and it having an On/Off function.

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
    I've had an idea for the Exp. Share... is it possible to get the thing working like X/Y/OR/AS format, as in Or, can this not be done? That would also mean making the Exp. Share a Key Item and it having an On/Off function.

Sure it can, I don't see why not :o

S-MAN

Banned
    Years
    Well can't you meet that standard half-way by having all members in party hold an exp. share? Exp is cut but the EVs would be passed along?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Well can't you meet that standard half-way by having all members in party hold an exp. share? Exp is cut but the EVs would be passed along?
    That's not really practical. Generally EXP Shares are given and usually you're only given one. Plus, if you give every Pokemon in your party one, you have to keep changing it out when you want to use different Pokemon and the Pokemon in your party wouldn't be able to hold items.

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2021

Well, as machomuu and you have said, having everyone in the party holding an Exp. Share would just be an inconvenience when there's better items that could be held, the inconvenience of having to switch a hold item for an Exp. Share, and Experience would be cut up into smaller fragments for everyone. What I'm looking for is either a way to make Gen 3's Exp. Share function like Gen 6's, that or everyone gets half exp. no matter what. (E.g., all 6 members of the party getting say 500 Exp. Points from a 1000 Exp. battle rather than it being divided by 6, which is 83.)

S-MAN

Banned
    Years
    Well seeing how the exp share already is able to work with more than 2 pokemon, maybe you just need to modify it under the condition of it being on each pokemon so that having one exp share automatically is applied from the item bag, like a switch that's always on, towards the first member while still retaining the same effect as if all pokemon were having an exp share and instead of it being divided by the number of pokemon in the party, it will be a static value of 2 from the original amount earned every time to each party member. So yeah it's like how you would describe it.
    Maybe you can even throw in an option to select 2-6 for how many pokemon get the exp from battle in party order- one could be equivalent to off.
    Would you let the exp earned by the other pokemon stack with any lucky eggs they might have?

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    It's actually already been done - I have a patch for it sitting in my hacking folder. Thing is it's been there for like a year, so I have no idea who made it. If anyone's interested I'd be happy to upload it.

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2021
    It's actually already been done - I have a patch for it sitting in my hacking folder. Thing is it's been there for like a year, so I have no idea who made it. If anyone's interested I'd be happy to upload it.

Really? Well, please do upload that patch, chrunch; I'm interested.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    Just a note, I'm not sure if it works as I haven't tested it and I think it just changes the Exp system as a whole, it doesn't add any items.

Attachments

• Fire_Red_EXP_All.ips
      29 bytes · Views: 112
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2021
    Just a note, I'm not sure if it works as I haven't tested it and I think it just changes the Exp system as a whole, it doesn't add any items.

Well, the good news is that it works like Gen VI's system... tell me, does this name ring any bells? Think0028? And it seems to work as advertised and how I envisioned my idea.

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2021
    Well, this is what it probably is. Don't know if it's stable or not, though.

Far as I've understood, it's pretty sturdy for an Exp. All program. It also shares the EV values as I've tested it myself and checked with A-Save.

AkameTheBulbasaur

Akame Marukawa of Iyotono
    Years
    I tested that patch and it works, but there's a glitch. Eggs also end up gaining experience and leveling up with the patch. If the egg tries to forget a move, the game doesn't crash but if you select yes it goes to a glitched up menu screen (because you know, it's an egg and not an actual Pokemon yet).

The creator has since stopped working on the patch so we're back to square one. I'm trying to contact him to find out what he did so maybe we could continue with it, but I'll have to wait and see what he says about that.

Back