• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen gen 3 music!

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
  • gen 3's music was a huge step forward from the previous two generations imo. what are some of your favorite soundtracks from either FRLG or RSE?

i really like the theme of the Route 104 and 110 themes from RSE. will need to think more about what my favorite city/other area soundtrack would be though :)

Absolitetion

Deemed to be a demon, but an angel inside.
    Years
  • I consider the soundtrack of Ruby and Sapphire to be one of my favourites. Especially the redone tracks of ORAS are gorgeous.

pkmin3033

A huge step forward? That's debatable. The music of Gen III is the main reason it's one of my least favourite generations! Maybe the themes themselves weren't so bad, but the soundfont...I don't think I've ever heard worse.

...that said, I always did quite like Slateport City. It was very...Christmassy. The original version even sounds better than the ORAS remix because of it in my opinion.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    Gen III has great music and an amazing soundfont (I especially love FRLG's). My favourite OSTs from FRLG are:
    • Title Screen theme + Ending (nostalgia)
    • Trainer Battle (my fave from this game)
    • Gym Leader battle
    • Champion battle
    • Sevault Canyon

As for RSE:
    • Rival battle (holy shiit)
    • Gym Leader battle (holy shiiiit)
    • All the Team Aqua/Magma themes (this includes encounter, victory jingle and hideout)
    • Mt. Pyre (both themes)
    • Grouden/Kyogre/Rayquaza theme
    • Elite Four battle (love the ORAS remake of this)
    • Sealed Chamber + Regi battle
    • Frontier Brain battle
    • Deoxys battle

Last edited:
    Years
  • Pokemon R/S/E has to be my 3rd favorite Pokemon soundtrack.

My favorites

Abandoned Ship
    Diving
    Heavy Rain
    Ever Grande City
    Lilycove City
    Mt.Pyre
    Route 113, 119, and 120
    Vs.May/Brendan Theme
    Vs. Champion Theme

Last edited:

pkmin3033

Well, I did say imo. Why do you think it's not? /curious
    Well, a large part of it is personal preference - those trumpets really hurt my ears - but I always thought the sound quality of the third gen was particularly bad for GBA titles, comparatively speaking. There were more than a few other titles on the system that made use of a wider range of sounds and were significantly better for it. With ORAS remixing the tracks and making them sound better...yeah, it really highlights just how bad the soundfont was, I think...

SirBoglor

[b][I][FONT=Satisfy]It's over, isn't it?[/FONT][/I
    Years
  • To be honest, second gen actually takes the cake for best music for me. At the same time though, gen III's music was still pretty wonderful. I certainly didn't view R/S/E as a step back from G/S/C, it's just that gen II had more of a hook factor in their tunes for me.

And in regards to the remade music of ORAS, well...not a fan. Taking really good GBA music and making it orchestral is just a bad idea that changes a good piece of music way too much. I understand why they needed to do it. It will simply never be as good as the original for me, though.

Years
  • Honestly I think Gen 3 had the best music Pokemon has ever seen, the intro music from RSE is the most nostalgic thing for me and actually makes me feel kinda emotional at times. I get the same kinda nostalgia from the Route 10 music in FLRG (which is played on loads of routes) and honestly think it's the best route soundtrack in any of the games. Route 101 is amazingly good too, tbh I could just go through every piece of music from Generation Three and cry at how good it is lmao.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Yeah I have some absolute favourites from every game I've ever played, but I'm playing through Emerald right now and did LeafGreen a month ago so I'd say Emerald has a slight bias rn. The fact that there are great remixes (and 8-bit remixes) of most, if not all of the LeafGreen music in HgSs probably prevents them standing out to me. Still these are my favourites:

LeafGreen
    - Cinnabar Island
    - Four Island (its a Johto remix)
    - Sevault Canyon (another Johto remix)
    - Route 1 (pure nostalgia for the first time I played a game set in Kanto, before I knew the region better than my home town).

Emerald
    - Route 101
    - Petalburg City
    - Dewford Town
    - Team Aqua music (all of it)
    - Slateport Museum
    - Sootopolis City
    - Battle Frontier (also most of the ones in the facilities - except Factory because I associate it with frustration).
    - Dive

Back