• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gen 8 V18

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2023
    You can find this in Maruno's Github.

CREDITS: Vendily, TheToxic, HM100, Aioross, WolfPP, MFilice, lolface, Golisopod User, KyureJL, DarrylBD99, Turn20Negate, Zerokid, TheKandinavian, ErwanBeurier, Mutant Yoshi, Maruno.
    If you have an old version CREDITS TO: Jonas930 and Marin too

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2024
    was waiting for someone to create a post like this :p
    this is what i got:
    Code:
    ####Steely Spirit - adapted from WolfPP

#In Battle_Handlers_Abilities, in the section: DamageCalcUserAllyAbility handlers, add:

BattleHandlers::DamageCalcUserAllyAbility.add(:STEELYSPIRIT,
      proc { |ability,user,target,move,mults,baseDmg,type|
    #      mults[ATK_MULT] = (mults[ATK_MULT]*1.5).round if isConst?(type,PBTypes,:STEEL)
          mults[ATK_MULT] = (mults[ATK_MULT]*1.5).round if baseDmg == 8 
      }
    )

#In Battle_Handlers_Abilities, in the section: DamageCalcUserAbility handlers, add:

BattleHandlers::DamageCalcUserAbility.add(:STEELYSPIRIT,
      proc { |ability,user,target,move,mults,baseDmg,type|
    #      mults[ATK_MULT] = (mults[ATK_MULT]*1.5).round if isConst?(type,PBTypes,:STEEL)
          mults[ATK_MULT] = (mults[ATK_MULT]*1.5).round if baseDmg == 8
      }
    )

########################################################################################
    ####Steam Engine - adapted from WolfPP

#In Battle_Handlers_Abilities, in the section: # TargetAbilityOnHit handlers, add:

BattleHandlers::TargetAbilityOnHit.add(:STEAMENGINE,
      proc { |ability,user,target,move,battle|
        next if !isConst?(move.calcType,PBTypes,:WATER) && !isConst?(move.calcType,PBTypes,:FIRE)
        target.pbRaiseStatStageByAbility(PBStats::SPEED,6,target)
      }
    )

#Bug: Steam Engine speed up applies BEFORE move speed down effect, should apply after.

in steely spirit there's 2 similar lines, 1 is commented and the other isnt
    the one that is commented is how it should work when the bug is fixed, the one that is not commented out is fully working now but should be obsolete when it gets fixed

steam engine has 1 bug, i tested this by using a 100% slow chance bubblebeam on a coalossal and steam engine speed was activating always before the bubble beam speed down, i kinda got frustrated a bit so i gave up on it xD but i think instead of handling this ability in battle_handlers maybe it would work properly in battle_use_move after the move effects are applied

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2024
    i'm testing the abilitys u got 1 by 1
    so far i tested sand spit, works as it should
    doesn't work when the move used against it doesn't do dmg, tried with growl, then with swagger, self confusion dmg also doesn't trigger it, but if there's already a sandstorm up (or if it triggers 2 times) it will bug, and make the ability graphic popup permanently stay in screen
    idk if it should refresh or not work entirely if a sandstorm is already up (or other weathers, ill look now) but a simple fix would be to add smth like
    if weather != sandstorm
    do a sandstorm
    else
    refresh weather duration

there's also an item that boosts the duration to 8 turns, idk if its auto handled or we need to specify, in case of sandstream isnt specified so i assume its not needed

edit: ok, accidently found out another bug, if u overwrite weather the ability pop up img gets stuck on screen, i just tried to use a tyranitar sand stream, switched out tyranitar and switched him in again and the bug replicates just fine

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2023
    can you reproduce this with the sand stream? if you can, it's a v18 bug, report this on the official essentials github

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2024
    yes, was bugging with sand stream, i didn't test with all weathers, just used sand stream
    but if i put ttar in, then switch him out then switch him in again same bug occurs
    then i tested taking turns using ttar and kyogre and it was fine it only happens if u try to proc a weather when same weather is already up

i fiddled with it a bit and fixed it (idk if i didnt break other stuff with this tho)

in
    Code:
    def pbBattleWeatherAbility(weather,battler,battle,ignorePrimal=false)
    after
    Code:
    return if battle.field.weather==weather && battle.field.weatherDuration==-1
    i added
    Code:
    return if battle.field.weather==weather

it had a failsafe to avoid overwriting permanent weather (when it was same weather and duration was -1), but didn't have a failsafe to overwrite normal weather i think the weather duration check could be removed and it would be fine, but im afraid it breaks other stuff so i just added a return in the case of the weather the ability is trying to proc is already up
    (tested with both sand spit and sand stream after this "fix") and both work fine

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2023
    Aioross find it strange that you say your Steam Engine is buggy, if it is wrong the ability Rattled is also

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2024
    Aioross find it strange that you say your Steam Engine is buggy, if it is wrong the ability Rattled is also

yeah... well in bulbapedia it specifically says that steam engine will activate after a speed down effect, i've been looking at all the stat changing abilities and rattled is the one that looks most like steam engine, if rattled effect is supposed to trigger after the speed down too then i suppose it will also be bugged

it's just a weird mechanic in this ability... it barely even matters, i think the only situation it matters is when the pokemon is at -6 speed, cuz it will gain +6 then lose being at -1 speed in the end as opposed to -6 + -1 (this one fails cuz it cant go lower) +6 and it's at 0 in the end

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2023
    i just corrected something that i found impressive that no one has reported so far since it was a syntax error... i had made a separate file with abilities and moves using the class and forgot to remove an end...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2024
    Power Spot, Punk Rock, Stalwart, Propeller Tail
    Spoiler:

I'm still working on the easy abilities. Gotta love how organized Maruno made the scripts... adding Stalwart / Proller Tail was a piece of cake thanks to it.
    Also I tested icy scales, its working 100%, but that psyshock reference is obsolete since it's a special move.

And yeah I think libero is exactly like protean, on the old gen 8 topic WolfPP just added it on protean code. So that's it.

edit: I SPOKE TOO EARLY! Apparently Protean is bugged...
    edit2: to fix protean / libero bug:
    find
    Code:
    if (user.hasActiveAbility?(:PROTEAN) || user.hasActiveAbility?(:LIBERO)) && !move.callsAnotherMove? && !move.snatched
    or
    Code:
    if user.hasActiveAbility?(:PROTEAN) && !move.callsAnotherMove? && !move.snatched
    and replace the very next line by
    Code:
    if user.pbHasOtherType?(move.calcType) && !PBTypes.isPseudoType?(move.calcType)

edit: Gorilla Tactics:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2023
    Aioross report these bugs at Essentials oficial Github in "Issues"
    github.com/Maruno17/pokemon-essentials/issues

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2023
    Also I tested icy scales, its working 100%, but that psyshock reference is obsolete since it's a special move.

From Bulbapedia:

"Ice Scales halves damage from special moves that hit Pokémon with this Ability, including from special moves that use the target's Defense stat (like Psyshock). It has no effect on moves that deal direct damage."

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2024
    In moves.pbs psyshock is set as a special move, since ice scales checks for special moves, it's not needed to check again for psyshock since it's included in special moves.

Ball Fetch: (this was done sub optimally with a global variable)
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    Ice Face, Quick Draw and Ripen:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2024
    I'm adding and testing abilities 1 by 1.
    Ripen and Pastel Veil are working perfectly.

The Mimicry in github changes forms instead of types... idk it could work. I did a version where it changes types (unecessary)
    Spoiler:

Cotton Down just needed a minor tweaks, it was proccing the ability graphic in the user (the one who is atacking) instead of target (who has cotton down) and there's no need to check if move is damaging, these abilities only proc if the move is damaging, its already hardcoded in it.

Spoiler:

Perish Body wasn't working as intended so I remade it
    Spoiler:

I still have to test Iceface... but I think I'll save it for another time, I'm a bit tired already and I don't wanna test anything before completely understanding what every part of it does, which I cannot do atm.

!!! The author of Pastel Veil is missing.
    edit:
    !!! The author of Wandering Spirit from github is also missing.
    edit2: Tested now that wandering spirit its functionally 100% but instead of showing
    "ABC swapped Abilities with its target!"
    it's showing:
    "User ability became wandering spirit"
    I'm not even sure whats the official way of displaying the ability, just pointing it out here.
    edit3: saw this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBcAQ6vlGS0
    apparently the official display is "target(cofragigus in this case) swapped abilities with its target!"
    which imo looks awful, since a team mate can proc it and its not rly a target, it should be smth like with its *attacker

Hunger Switch:
    Spoiler:

This will also reset Morpeko to form 0 when:
    A wild morpeko is captured
    A battle is over
    Morpeko faints
    (i think I've covered all the cases)

edit:
    Notes on Ice Face:
    As far as I tested it's functioning with just 1 minor error.
    You can set up more then 1 Ice Face per Hail by switching out.
    I believe this is a direct consequence of hijacking cherrim code, one possible fix would be call the form change just when hail is started. But then in this scenario:
    Turn 1: Hail starts
    Turn 2: Ice face breaks : - Here it should restore its iceface and won't, so that would be equally bugged.
    I think think adding a battler effect that increases to 1 when iceface is triggered once, and adding that check on the iceface transformation + reseting that battler efect when hail expires would do the trick.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2023
    660 people downloaded, only 8 are contributing and only Aioross report bugs..... people download and don't even test it... i will remember this next time. Changing the subject i cleaned up the code comparing the changes with the original branch. Next update on my part is to update all pbs to facilitate the supposed tests that should be taking place...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2024
    Gulp Missile (apparently v18 handles form reverts automatically so that part wasn't needed - also he will change form even if he's move does no damage because I found no information saying otherwise):
    Spoiler:

Gonna try to Mirror Armor now,... then only Neutralizing Gas will be left from the abilities... but that's a hornet's nest i'd rather not touch.

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2024
    Mirror Armor:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Back