• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gen 8 V18

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2023
    there is no PR on my fork, and i prefer to send codes through PR, it is much easier to merge the code to test

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2024
    Snipe Shot and Magic Powder
    (just added a line where I had put stalwart for snipe shot and adapted soak's code)
    -Soak also had a bug since it's a v18 thing I'll report it in the appropriate topic, make sure to fix it yourselves too.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2024
    Court Change
    Spoiler:

Court Change is only compatible if the PBS of this move looks like this:
    Spoiler:

The ID can be changed, but it needs to target someone, else it'll just display an animation and won't do anything.

Clangorous Soul
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2024
    Obstruct
    Spoiler:

Stuff Cheeks
    Spoiler:

Jawlock
    Spoiler:
    Attention on pbs Jawlock comes bugged by default, u need to change effect % to 100.

Tar Shot
    Spoiler:
    Attention on pbs, tarshot comes bugged by default, you need to adjust.

Tea Time
    Spoiler:
    Notes:
    Added a bugfix on stuff cheeks (i added a comment on the line I added so u just have to add that line instead of copying everything)
    Every move that I bothered to post the pbs is because the pbs setup is really important. In the case of teatime you need to use that "7" or "AllBattlers", which is a new v18 thing, and isn't on wikia yet.
    Added a new line on Tea Time, I forgot to display a message, I hijacked WolfPP message from the other topic.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2023
    i will only update the github once a day, to reduce the amount of commits being made, i had to delete the old fork and make a new one to delete 100+ commits, as it is now a PR, many commits will pollute the PR a lot, the time i spent making commits i will spend converting moves, evo methods and looking for bugs

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2023
    Hey implemented the scripts and wanted to take a look at them but it looks like this.

How do i decrypt the game so i can view the scripts?

Attachments

• Gen 8 V18
      h.PNG
      41.7 KB · Views: 17
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2023
    Look at the Scripts folder in Data. Its all decryped. Read the Readme file to learn how to encrypt.
    Ok i read the message in the scripts wrong. so how it works now is that each folder in scripts has ruby files in them that you can just edit to make adjustments? So basically it runs differently to base v18 now?

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2024
    who already implemented my version of Hunger Switch, do look again the changes i made in the original post or just add the fix:
    in Battler_ChangeSelf, PokeBattle_BattleCommon and PField_Battles
    change
    Code:
        if @pokemon.species == isConst?(@pokemon.species,PBSpecies,:MORPEKO) || @pokemon.form!=0
    to
    Code:
        if @pokemon.species == isConst?(@pokemon.species,PBSpecies,:MORPEKO) && @pokemon.form!=0

else it will reset the form of all ur pokemons instead of only morpeko
    That chunk of code is repeated in 3 places, make sure you change all 3 of them.

DarrylBD99

Content Creator and Game Developer
    Years
    Maybe you can mention which scripts are edited for Abilities, moves, Evo methods and items as some of us also have other custom scripts inside our game. Also, it will be much harder to navigate around all of these folders fo those who don't have or cant find an IDE for RGSS2 if someone wants to edit the script to fit their style or add other scripts like visible overworld wild encounters.

Last edited:
    Back