• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Gen II Toolbox - Hacking GSC Without Dissassemblies in 2023

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Update:
    I wound up making a gen II hack without using any of these tools. It turns out Disassembly is actually easier than using them!

The reason Disassemblies are so intimidating, I realize, is because no one actually explains how to get started using them. As in, from square ONE. Almost all the tutorials online assume you already know everything and start throwing works like "github" and "compilation directory" before you know anything and just overload you with too much information at once.

Except for one.

I, a non-programmer, was able to figure it out by using this guide:

As far as I can tell, this guy is the only person on the internet who actually wrote a step-by-step guide for pure beginners. If even I was able to figure it out, then anyone can.

To anyone who happens to be reading this and wants to make their own Gen II hack, I say go for it and good luck!!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Update:
    I wound up making a gen II hack without using any of these tools. It turns out Disassembly is actually easier than using them!

The reason Disassemblies are so intimidating, I realize, is because no one actually explains how to get started using them. As in, from square ONE. Almost all the tutorials online assume you already know everything and start throwing works like "github" and "compilation directory" before you know anything and just overload you with too much information at once.

Except for one.

https://reliccastle.com/resources/246/

As far as I can tell, this guy is the only person on the internet who actually wrote a step-by-step guide for pure beginners. If even I was able to figure it out, then anyone can.

To anyone who happens to be reading this and wants to make their own Gen II hack, I say go for it and good luck!!
    I totally agree the entry into this side of hacking can seem tedious and difficult to understand but binary hacking gb/gbc games are almost impossible due to heavy compression hence no newer tools have been developed

Days
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    the sprite editor had an error when booting. it said the FM20.dll file was missing but its in the folder with it so i dont know what's wrong. con someone help me?

Days
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    A huge thanks to you, but I got this error: Component 'FM20.DLL' or one of it's dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid :cry:

Days
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    Update:

Except for one.

https://reliccastle.com/resources/246/

Shame about the DMCA takedown because I would have liked to read these instructions.

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Shame about the DMCA takedown because I would have liked to read these instructions.
    Good news, I looked it up on WayBackMachine and it's still intact. See it here:

Thank you for bringing this to my attention!

Back