• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Gen III Trading Code

Years
  • I'm trying to recreate Bill's Arduino for the gen III games. However, I don't know where to look for the code that pertains to trading (is it asm/trade.s?). I also don't understand ASM enough to look through myself, but I can understand the C files. So, can anyone tell me how gen III trading works on a low-level?

Years
  • I'm trying to recreate Bill's Arduino for the gen III games. However, I don't know where to look for the code that pertains to trading (is it asm/trade.s?). I also don't understand ASM enough to look through myself, but I can understand the C files. So, can anyone tell me how gen III trading works on a low-level?

I have no idea what Bill's Arduino is and I don't know what exactly you want to know. In-game trading or link-trading? Also which rom are you using? Even though Ruby has its dissasembly I think it's still better to use IDA to get the code.

In Emerald it's special 101 that does the trading itself. I suspect it's the same with other games, just a different special. Pokemon being traded is always the first one stored in the opponent party. Var 8005 holds the id of pokemon the player is trading.

It'd be easier for people to help, if you explained what you want to achieve in detail. :P

Back